Your Favorite Cave Dive In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you come down in Nov, we should go do a dive at Jug. You don't want to hump doubles down there, so it's either sidemount or a single tank, but it's a pretty cavern.

Couldn't agree more. As a side note, the water flow coming out of that place has dropped dramatically over the years. When experts are saying many spring flows are down 25%, Jug has really suffered.

Just got Intro this past winter. So far Twin cave is my favorite hands down.

I hope I can tell you about a favorite after september. Will be my first time to Florida as I normally dive in Europe :wink:

My favorite dive with students is the Mile Run (Grand Traverse) at Peacock. The excitement on their faces when we pop up in Challenge and Olsen and finally P1 takes me back to learning with John Orlowski and doing that dive as part of class. John first took me to see each spring from the surface before we dove them. Now, we can first hike the trail and enjoy the natural beauty of the park and gain a better understanding of our route. We were using the 50 watt halogen lights when I first learned. John kept cigarettes in the canister and took a smoke break after each leg of the trip. I had never seen anything like that before and it cracks me up to this day. I think Peacock is one of the nicest cave diving experiences because of the entire package. You can start your day with a yummy breakfast biscuit from the Luraville Country Store, maybe see an alligator or water moccasin, enjoy circuits or traverses, and end it with armadillos.

For my personal diving, I love Ginnie at night. As was mentioned, so much to see and you can make diving relaxing or challenging depending upon your mood. Nighttime is peaceful. Once you leave the cave you never know what you are going to encounter - we've met both kinds of beavers on the way out more than once. :wink:

peacock is my 'home' cave and my favorite. hole in the wall is the prettiest and my favorite. i love dropping down the chimney at little river, my favorite. the huge passages at my favorite, manatee.

hint - they're all my favorite. the only cave dive not my favorite was jailhouse, and that was only the entrance spring. yuck.

John kept cigarettes in the canister and took a smoke break after each leg of the trip. I had never seen anything like that before and it cracks me up to this day

I remember a couple 90's cave divers that did the same thing,but another one of Florida's cash crop that was hand rolled. They would go into an airdome and get a little attitude adjustment at several atmospheres. The joke was don't surface in any airdomes if you might have to pee in a cup come Monday morning :)

Now we have another reason to keep regs in my mouth when I create an air bell in class.

I'm kind of surprised Indian wasn't the unanimous decision here.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom