Diving in Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say don't worry about going through Taipei airport and 'losing' scuba gear. It's the Philippine and Indonesia that you have to worry about that. Diving in Taiwan is not cheap, price wise it is comparable with Japan or Korea not the Philippines or Thailand. If you have all your own gear you can expect to pay about NT$1,800 for two guided shore dives and NT$2,800 for two guided boat dives. Gear rental for one day including wet suit, boots, weights is NT$1,100. There is no good diving around Taipei. The closest decent diving is on the NE coast around the Fu Long, Long Dong Bay area. Great diving around Green island on the east coast and Kenting at the southern tip or Xiao Liu Chou island off the SW coast.

I'm sorry, but would you happen to know what that is in US dollars by chance? I'm hoping to see mostly coral and wild life. Decent is cool, but color tends to fade with depth.

also how many hours do you think it would take to a good diving area? I understand why there is none in Taipei, but I'm hoping to get away from my kids long enough to get a few drops in the water lol.

I'm sorry, but would you happen to know what that is in US dollars by chance? I'm hoping to see mostly coral and wild life. Decent is cool, but color tends to fade with depth.
There is an app on Google called "Currency Converter' I suggest you look at that for the latest exchange rate. about NT$33 to 1USD

also how many hours do you think it would take to a good diving area? I understand why there is none in Taipei, but I'm hoping to get away from my kids long enough to get a few drops in the water lol.
Long Dong Bay is about 90 mins drive from Taipei by car 2 hours by bus.

Are you just a dive Enthusiast or are you a dive guide?
I am dive instructor, with 25 years experience diving in Taiwan and SE Asia. :)

Nice! Where are you based at in Taiwan? I have so much respect for your job... it's actually the job I dream to have. I wanted my license to dive for so long I finally got it and now I just want more from it. I have an okay career, but it's not the job I crave I want to be in the water. To get paid to help ppl either see the beauty I want to see under water or even to help ppl learn how to safely do so and maybe gain a few friend along the way. I'm still real new, but it doesn't stop the dream.

I am based in Kenting at the southern tip of Taiwan. If you are able to make it down to Kenting drop me a line at divingintaiwan@yahoo.com.tw happy to take you out for some guided dives.

Back
Top Bottom