Sony A7 II Review now posted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC01435-1.jpg
    DSC01435-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 112
Once Ikelite comes up with a polycarbonate housing I am in! After seeing corrosion marks on my venerable 10bar housing, I am reluctant to go Alu again. (The 3k$ for a plain housing also discouraging somewhat...)

Hi phil. Great review as usual. Can you please tell me about the domes for your strobes? Ikelite the best or are other brands okay? Do you use them all the time? Worth it? Good for macro? thanks

For the Ikelite housing review with the Sony A7R II I used the Ikelite DS-161 strobes X2 with the Ikelite dome diffusers. This was my first time using this type of diffuser and I like the light they provide a lot. It worked well for both W/A and macro. I would like to shoot with a model because I think the light would be excellent for that type of photography but have not had the opportunity yet. I also have another brand of dome diffusers for my Inon Z-240 strobes which I will be testing in a coming trip to the Philippines next month. I will be posting a review on those diffusers in a future issue of uwpmag.com.

You can also read my past review of the Nauticam housing for A7 II series issue #86 of uwpmag.com.

Also for Laval, port selections for the Ikelite housing is a work in progress as new lenses and port combos are being added as the system is expanded. I just got the Zeiss 18mm F/2.8 and I am working on a port and extension with ZEN and Nauticam at this time. Great lens but hard to find and expensive.

Thanks Phil. Yes I use the Inon strobes. I saw the ad for another brand in the uwpmag. Where are you off to in Philippines? We are heading to Dumaguette for some muck action and Apo island in 2 weeks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom