Bali: Secret Bay / Gilimanuk - anyone been lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lorenzoid

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any recent reports on Secret Bay aka Gilimanuk? I have been told "it's not what it used to be" since the ferry terminal relocated. The dive op in Pemuteran I'm signed up to dive with is strongly discouraging.

Only dived there once, about 5 years ago and loved it.

Went back to Pemuteran about 3 years ago and were actively discouraged from secret bay, as per your experience.

At the time we didn't challenge it but by the end of the trip became a little suspicious that we were being steered towards the mainstream and logistically easier sites. I'd also be interested to get a recent independent view...

Haven't been there for a while myself. It was amazing 4 years ago at slack high tide. Haven't been since but been told it's not so great. Will have to make a move there to see for myself one day

Thanks. I believe the reluctance stems mainly from what we were told was the relocation of the ferry terminal closer to where most divers were going. Dive op told us they have run into oil/fuel on the water and just had less luck finding critters than "back when Secret Bay was being discovered."

Oh well. We are off to Puri Jati tomorrow. Menjangan and Pemuteran dives were pretty good. I plan to write up a trip report on our full safari.

Back
Top Bottom