Whites Fusion One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

306dive306

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone attest to this suit's durability?

I am going for full-cave certification in 2017 and would like to have a drysuit that won't de-laminate or have seams start leaking all of a sudden.

I've read a lot about the don/doffing, comfort, sizing, and all that but it's hard to find someone who has had this suit for a while saying how many dives this suit will last.

thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Fusion-One.jpg
    Fusion-One.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 22
Can anyone attest to this suit's durability?

I am going for full-cave certification in 2017 and would like to have a drysuit that won't de-laminate or have seams start leaking all of a sudden.

I've read a lot about the don/doffing, comfort, sizing, and all that but it's hard to find someone who has had this suit for a while saying how many dives this suit will last.

thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers!
Ive not had a problem with mine but the skins can come to pieces a bit, but nothing to worry about. The bag is pretty durable. It's a good mid price drysuit. Would get pretty comfortable with it before full cave though.

I would go with the Bullet instead much more suited for cave. material is a lot ticker and resistant.

Don't have one. But Fusion one has no pockets. This seems like an issue for a cave course. You can get around that with pocket shorts. It's back entry, which means you need someone else to seal your suit. It's also not terribly durable, but as you are not going to be crawling through rocks at a beginning level it should be OK. But it seems like a decent suit at a very attractive price point other then that.

But I would discuss this with your planned instructor before buying it.

The need for the pockets will depend on what air source you are using. If you are going side mount thigh pockets are of little use. If you are rolling back mount then thigh pockets make much more sense.

When I do side mount I will end up using the Sport skin I have for my Fusion. With back mount I will end up using the Bullet with the thigh pockets.

thanks a lot, everyone.

I dive sidemount so definitely have no desire to have thigh pockets. That's why I did not look for other models. I know the main difference between them is the outer layer, which can be replaced.

I'm yet to find someone who says they don't last... the negative feedback some people give is that they don't feel comfy or that people don't like the style (bag+outer layer).

Cheers, all!

The fusion one is back zip. I don't think you have any other option than that skin, as all the more expensive ones are front entry. Not necessarily a problem, just something to keep in mind.

I would go with the Bullet instead much more suited for cave. material is a lot ticker and resistant.
Have you had issues with your own suit or are you just assuming that the bullet would be a better option? There are many of these suits out there in caves an wrecks with the Sport and Tech skins and they are doing fine.

I have the bullet and the skin is a lot ticker and more durable than the fusion one. I'm not cave trained though but I would assume that you would want something that is more robust and resistant.

I have the bullet and the skin is a lot ticker and more durable than the fusion one. I'm not cave trained though but I would assume that you would want something that is more robust and resistant.

I don't refute that the bullet is robust but it is just not needed. The lesser skins are plenty durable and give you much better flexibility. I had a bullet skin and hated the thing, the tech gives you much more flexibility and is a lot lighter. If the sport and tech skins were not adequate you would be hearing about it here from people that actually dive them. I have always found it funny that the only people here that post about the sport, tech, and one skins not being durable are divers that have not used them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom