# Of Posts Vs # Of Pages???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. Even for mobile users, it's better to have more posts per page. In remote diving locations, internet service is spotty at best. I'd rather wait a bit longer and have 50 posts per page load in one shot (just like before) than having to wait to have 5 pages load at 10 posts per page.

It doesn't have to be 50 posts per page maybe 30? But 10 post per page is too inconvenient even for mobile users.

Perhaps a Poll to determine user preferences on number of posts per page?

The software does not support that option. We have to set it for everyone.

Like Bob said not life critical. But does you post indicate it is doable, just from your end. If so 25-50 posts per page would be awesome. :)

10 is the smallest number of posts per page I've seen on any board. The majority are 20 or 25, and I've never had a problem with those on a mobile. I had the old site set to 50, and that was just fine, even on on an iPhone 4. The actual text that makes up the posts tends to be a small fraction of the total page size anyway.

Changing the number of posts per page would cause HUGE problems with the permalinks, and will not be changed for this reason.

Howard...

What is a permalink?

A link to a post or page.

Ok...I think I get it.

Changing the number of posts per page would cause HUGE problems with the permalinks, and will not be changed for this reason.
That seems like some clumsy programming. I would think that if the permalinks referenced only the post count # and not the page #, and the SW could find the page # from the post #, the number of posts per page wouldn't affect the permalinks.

But since I'm not a programmer, only a demanding user, I might be very wrong about that...

If you google this complaint, you'll see other forums with people complaining, but the answer remains the same (and I'm sure they cite the same reason). I am not coming up with a solution to rewrite a few hundred thousand permalinks, to keep Google from having hundreds of thousands of broken links.

As far as I'm concerned this case is closed, this will be my final response on the matter.

Respectfully.

Understood. The bed is made, and we must lie in it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom