Has Anyone Stayed In The Budget Cabins On Mv Mermaid I Or Mermaid Ii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron_dodge

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking at booking a trip to Raja Ampat next year. The MV Mermaid liveaboards look like run really nice trips. The reviews I've read regarding the Mermaid boats are generally positive except some people say to stay away from the budget cabins but not why to stay away from them.

So I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the budget cabins on one of those boats or know why they're bad options? Is it because they're bunk beds? Or is it because they're below deck? Just wondering if anyone could share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

My air conditioner broke down in my cabin, which was right next to the noise of the main dive deck: had to keep the door open along with a portable electric fan to keep some air circulating through the room. Other than that, it was a great dive trip itinerary to the Similans/Hin Daeng/Hin Muang onboard Mermaid II (2006). . .

Hi,
both Budget cabins on Mermaid I have ensuite bathrooms. But Budget cabin on Mermaid II shares bathroom with another cabin, may be that's the reason? However, we never heard any complaints about these cabins. Both vessels run great trips!

While I stayed in the deluxe cabin of Memaid I myself on my trip to Komodo, I went down to look at the 'budget' cabin. It is quite good with an en suite facility and comparable to deluxe cabins in most other boats.

Mermaid I is a fantastic boat that does 2 brilliant itineraries - Komodo and raja Ampat. For the former, it has the great advantage over its competitors in that it starts out and returns to Benoa Harbour in Bali and so there is no awkward internal flight involved.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate hearing from those of you that have been on the Mermaid. We just booked a spot on the Mermaid I for the Jan 12 - 21 2017 trip to Raja leaving out of Sorong. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom