Travelling to Asia with a non-diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bjerved

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I'm travelling to Asia for vacation with my wife in July, and she is a non-diver. She prefers to stay on the beach and relax. Our first stop is Hong Kong, and we plan to stay there for a few days before we continue our travel. But where could we spend the next 2 weeks? I have been thinking to go to Caticlan, Phillipines. But are there other places that would be better? We also would like to visit some bigger cities, and I'm considering visiting Kuala Lumpur and/or Singapore. We believe that a combination will make the trip more interesting. But I think we still can find another nice place where my wife can enjoy the beach and I can go diving. (I like to see big fish/sharks, and I'm not into nudibrach. I like to do "fun dives", max 30 meters deep). Any suggestions? Is there any places to avoid? I don't know how the weather is around in Asia in July... I would like to be somewhere there are sunny and not rain all day long.

Indonesia has the best diving. I can't comment on where the "big stuff" is, but there is a lot of culture in Bali to keep your wife entertained, as well as some good beaches, and some good diving on the island or very close nearby. It's an easy flight from HKG or SIN, so that gives you some city options. For cities, I do like KL a lot, and SIN and BKK are both pretty interesting cities. All of them are pretty close, and have direct flights from HKG, so I don't think that should be too difficult to add.

Hi There Bjerved,
Greetings from Kris at Marco Vincent dive resort, we are situated at White Beach, Puerto Galera. We have over 50 dive sites and also a lot of beach activities to keep your wife busy. Please let me know if you would some more information on our resort and i'll be happy to help you.

I vote for Bali, plenty of beaches, shopping, culture, massages, etc, topside and great diving.

I'd say Bali too but I may be biased.
No, seriously, it's a great place for non-divers too. If you locate yourself away from the South, you can fit a 2 dives trip in the morning and do some land-based touring in the afternoon. Places like Padang Bai or Amed offer possibilities for beachtime relaxation to non-divers while the divers are looking at the fishes. Lots of cultural and scenic activities to share outside diving.

Back
Top Bottom