Computer Help..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shearwater's do that, but they are closer to $800. So not me.

I laughed way to hard at this.

OP I would go get a shearwater predator - go find some dirt infested dusty old cave diver who is looking to upgrade. I see them for about ~$400+/- on the regular.

P.S. I mean that with the utmost respect :) the more screwed up and dirty the gear is the more you know they are dedicated to the task!

I second the Oceanic Pro Plus. It's not a wrist mount, but it is air integrated and most have a compass so it completely replaces the console. Absolutely love everything about mine. I showed my wife on a dive and had to buy her one too. Huge numbers by dive computer standards. Only other option was reader lenses in her mask.

Good luck,
Jay

It depends how much you want to spend.
Shearwater uses great displays, on the other end of the spectrum you can find the Suunto Zoop which is well readable for 1/4 of the price.
OLED displays are great but they decay as they become old

It depends how much you want to spend.
Shearwater uses great displays, on the other end of the spectrum you can find the Suunto Zoop which is well readable for 1/4 of the price.
OLED displays are great but they decay as they become old

Also, OLED/backlit TFT can't run off a watch battery. A CR2xx0 in the Zoop and the like will last 2+ years. An AA in Shearwaters etc. will last maybe 2 days. That's mostly not a problem, but it also defines the size of the unit. Shearwaters are big.

There are certain retailers who still carry the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 model. It has been replaced by the newer Pro Plus 3, but it's still a fine computer. I have hundreds of dives on mine and I've never had an issue. Even the replacement battery kit is reasonably priced. It's air integrated, so you'd have to be OK with that. The text is gigantic and the graphs (nitrogen + O2 sat + ascent rate + atr) are always on screen and very easy to read. You should be able to get one "new" (unused, at least) in the area of $400. Considering it cost 2x that when it came out, I think it's a bargain among the available very large text computers.
i agree the proplus 3 is a great computer it has tissue loading bar graph ascent rate bar graph LARGE screen digits if your wanting it has lots of alarms on it 3 gas options etc - its downside is that if you violate any Deco even by a small margin it locks you out for 24 hours

however the shearwater is the bees knees as far as Im concerned

DGX will sell you a gauge reading mask for $49.95. Max. strength is +3 diopters a lot cheaper than a new computer.
You can also try Hydratac stick-on Bifocal lenses for around $15.00.

Last edited:
i came across this and it is air integrated -- im not sure how good it is, but its the Suunto Vyper Air Wrist Computer with transmitter

but for the price of 500.00 -- doesnt seem to bad to me -- i like the fact that it has the compass with it -- one less thing to put on

Not even close to what the op was looking for :dork2::

"Can Anyone recommend a fairly inexpenive wrist computer that has every large numbers and nitrogen loading graph or bars.
My eyes are NOT want they use to Be.."

Maybe a nice computor BUT: Suunto - questionable algorhytme -, air integrated - useless point of potential failure, and integrated compass - most of them much less reliable than a conventional one. :grouphug2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom