Pictures from Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ninelinegoby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2 dives on Sunday June 12th
Water temp 61 at surface 57 at 70 ft
Vis 20 +/-
Olympus TG-4
Olympus housing
Olympus strobe

What was the kelp situation like? Has it recovered since the water temps have dropped some?

Not sure if I can answer that, it was my first time diving there. There was kelp and it looked healthy but I'm don't have any reference to base it is on.

very nice....thanks for sharing these great photos.

Very nice. That garibaldi looks like it's telling ghost stories. I didn't know sheepsheads had teeth like that!

Richard.

What was the kelp situation like? Has it recovered since the water temps have dropped some?

I have been a bit surprised at the rate of recovery of giant kelp in the SE portion of the dive park. Not much in the NW part though, nor is there much further up the coast from my limited diving up there. The presence of kelp forest in the dive park has brought several giant sea bass in to enjoy its protection.

On my dives in the park we saw 11 bass larger than 4 ft. Some of them where huge.
Most of them where in the kelp to the right of the stairs. But there was one very large one hanging out by the old swim platform ( I think that's what it was)
Does anyone know if the great white has been back in the area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom