5 Mil glove for Cold water with dexterity/ease of use a priority

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently diving a 7 mill glove. I cannot stand the feel. I am looking for a 5 mil glove that gives the highest amount of dexterity and facilitates using clips etc.. any recommendations?

Assuming a drysuit > get dry gloves.
If you must go wet the best luck I had was actually some 3mm from a Marine store. Being more flexible they didn't seem to come apart at the seams when removing like the thicker gloves did so actually were waterproof longer and didn't give up much in warmth. I was surprised. Inexpensive compared to scuba wet gloves.
The best other alternative I've found is Seasoft. Material is superior and dexterity is better for the thickness.

I use the "heat" gloves from whites/aqualung, 3 mil for 48 deg water. Great dexterity and warmth.

fourth element if you want wet gloves with dexterity and warmth.

Have you considered 3-finger gloves?

Last edited:
I am currently diving a 7 mill glove. I cannot stand the feel. I am looking for a 5 mil glove that gives the highest amount of dexterity and facilitates using clips etc.. any recommendations?

These: Dry Five Gloves

Excellent dexterity and they keep my hands warm diving in the PNW (47--54 oF)

XS Scuba 5mm dry glove has a good fit which allows for good dexterity.

6f2f19771cecb33d793fd552cbabb900.jpg

Regardless of which glove you go with the best thing you can do is use them and practice. A few years ago several of us refused to go dry gloves because of the lack of dexterity. After freezing our hands off during the winter we eventually gave in and started using dry gloves. After a few dives and some practice we can do just about everything with them with the exception of working with really small screws, nuts and bolts, and small clips. You can replace your small clips with larger ones to make your dive a little easier.

I have a pair of Cressi 5mm gloves that I've used down to 46 degrees. Dexterity is good, and I can manipulate clips. I did not find the gloves to be durable as they have shown quite a bit of deterioration after 20 dives, but they were inexpensive enough that it may not matter much.

Back
Top Bottom