UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful! Is the friend a crustacean?

Back to the topic though :D.

30-32 C surface and as low as 25 C at about 10 m at the 3 rocks 7 am this morning.

July 5 & 6 at Inchscape 2 and Martini Rock it was 32C at the surface and 23C at 20-22 meters. Wish I had my 3mm!

GJS

Today we had 22C at 72m on the Ines, I had expected as much and came prepared with my 5mm although I was cooking on the surface getting ready a few dips in 32C water did nothing to help, are temp was 32C and it was really humid with some slight drizzle when I arrived at the marina around 7am.

20m+ vis on the wreck, had some issues with my camera, strobes not firing as I accidentally shut them off, took some photos on deco, but still to download them. Just been getting everything ready for the next two days staying overnight on Thursday with my daughter, five dives planned :D

So in the end 6 dives over three days, high surface temperatures 32-40C with very high humidity exhausting and given the bottom temps of 22/23C a large temperature range to handle.

We had one case of DCS on the Ines dive that I am sure the temperature changes are a contributing factor, so one guy in the pot for a 5 hours at Sheikh Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi.

full

Not what I expected to see when we got back on the boat

full

Recreational dives with Barracuda Dive Centre, we did Deep Reef and Car Cemetery 2 on Thursday. Still had issues with my camera on Deep Reef with wide angle, something I need to check again, works well on the surface.

Changed to macro for subsequent dives, which was the best choice as visibility was down to less than one meter in places. Quite a few nudis, mainly Phidiana militaris and indica, as well as plenty of Hypselodoris dolfusi and a few Dendrodoris denisoni

full

full

There were also plenty of crocodile fish around, not massive in size as I have seen in the Red Sea and SE Asia, but I enjoy photographing them.

full

full

Bottom temperatures have increased to 26C :D however the visibility has decreased, at least on the sites we dived yesterday with Deep Reef at around 1-2m and Three Cars down to 10 cm :(

I was shooting wide angle on deep reef checking out my settings and changed to macro for Three Cars but abandoned the dive after a few minutes.

Heiko on Deep Reef with his super snoot

full

The value of the photo gear was more than the value of the boat

full

My tech buddies had 30m vis on the Ines and spotted a whale shark too

27C today on Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2, however we are supposed to have been diving Inch 1 and Car Cemetery 1, so what happened .........?

Last Sunday my buddy Kerstin suggested diving Musandam, however we could not get sufficient people together to warrant a boat and neither of us were prepared to fork out 750 Dhs each for our own boat for 2 dives at Lima Rock.

On Tuesday Kerstin called Scuba 2000 which is now under new management, and we were booked in to dive Inchcape 1 and Car Cemetery 1, with the new owner stating he would be happy to accommodate some photographers as he is not long opened. They have 2 boats now and run a schedule of 4 day dives and 1 night dive on Fridays. Sounded perfect to me.

So an 0500 wake up, except I was a bit lazy and didn't get out of bed until 05:15. Car was loaded from the night before and I picked up Kerstin leaving her house around 0600. Using the new extension of the E611 we made it comfortably to Scuba 2000 by 07:50

As I was unpacking our gear, Kerstin was confirming the dive sites and we were told it would be Martini Rock / Inchcape 2 plus Hole in the Wall, which was not what we ordered!

Well, said the owner, we have OW students and we cannot go to Inch 1 plus Car Cemetery is not so interesting etc.

Quick call to Divers Down confirmed they only had one place left for Inch 1, then we called Barracuda and Ruby confirmed that they were close to leaving port, No reply from The Dive Centre but I was prepared to drive round there anyway or phone Ken at ProDive when Ruby called back to tell us to come down, they would wait for us.

So we said farewell to Scuba 2000, who not only lost 500 Dhs from us today, but who knows how much in the future. We were told that if we book 3 days in advance we would have the sites we wanted, seems the can't count, Tuesday was more than 3 days in advance, their loss!

So I drove as legally as possible to arrive in Fujairah Marina 40 mins later and we were in the water by 09:16.

Dived Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2. Decided to do some penetration of Inch 10 and explore the cabin and wheelhouse, some pics to follow as I was shooting Wide Angle again today. We were also on Barracuda's new boat for the first time, very spacious.

Thanks to Barracuda we had our dives, in fact some people were still gearing up when we arrived, so our late arrival did not cause much inconvenience in the end :)

Wheelhouse from outside

Wheelhouse from inside looking from the aft cabin area into the wheelhouse

Aft cabin area with door to the wheelhouse in the centre top area - steps have been removed I suspect

The head and shower area

Bit of a current today on the Ines and rather chilly too at 23C on the bottom (72m), with 30C at 6m to warm us up :yeahbaby:

A lot of large Jack type fish swimming around, plus a massive ray but my favourite shot of the day is this one

Currents etc., should be favourable in two weeks time.

might be off topic but can you please elaborate on what happened in post 374 ?

I remember back when I did the rescue course and had to prepare an action plan, other than Zayed Hospital, there is a chamber in Dubai and I kinda find it hard to belive that there is no chamber in Fujairah or (north emirates in general) with all the Oil companies trying to expand their operation in that area!!

did you had to wait in Zayed Hospital, or did they begain the treatment immidiatly upon arrival, what types of symptoms appeard on the victim during the drive from Fujairah to Abu Dhabi.

Back
Top Bottom