looking for cave diving buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob191

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I plan to post on cavediver.net as well but it is down at the moment. I'm trying to get in touch with some divers to make friends and have people to dive with mostly in the caves in Florida. I'm fine doing solo dives at ginnie and little river but I'd prefer to be a little more social and make some friends. There are plenty of divers at the dive sites but most often they have their own stuff planned and it feels awkward to ask to tag along last second. Also it would be nice to check out more of the state park sites that don't allow solo diving.

I'm good with pretty much anything open circuit and don't mind doing dives that are below my current certification level or helping out divers with less training or experience. I don't mind if you just finished your cave course last weekend or if you have 20 times the experience I have. Anything from a basic dive at ginnie to renting a canoe and finding a less frequently dived spring on a river sounds like fun to me.

I know some people have reservations about finding cave diving buddies from the internet but I promise I'm low maintenance as I'm used to diving solo. I will be a good buddy and keep a close eye on you if we are diving together though.

Reply here or send me a PM if you're looking for a dive buddy

Hey,

I'll be doing at least 1 Mexico trip this year, no dates planned yet. Do you live in Mexico?

Rob

Hey,

I'll be doing at least 1 Mexico trip this year, no dates planned yet. Do you live in Mexico?

Rob
I don't. I'm in Canada. I'll be taking the full cave course (hopefully) in December and would like to start planning regular trips to the caves in Mexico.

I"m out of area for N FL... but am planning at least one trip over Thanksgiving, maybe more... lets coordinate some trips.
Not full cave yet, but am NAUI Cave1 which gives me more than just intro and apprentice.....(I think). LOVE diving Peacock.

sounds great. PM me some dates when it gets closer and we can set something up

If I cant find a Buddy, I go with Han Solo

I've been known to go slumming with people from the internet from time to time. Just ask NetDoc. :)

Hi my name is Harry Schrefer, I recently got my intro cave diver cert. at Ginnie Springs. I live in Jacksonville FL and am looking for buddies to do some intro level cave dives with. Please message me back or email harryschrefer@yahoo.com I'm free to dive most days in August and September. Hope to hear from you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom