Routing of power inflator and corrugated hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the make & model of your first stage reg, its orientation on your Halcyon Infinity kit & tank, and LP inflator hose length?

It's an Aqualung Legend LX attached to a 22" braided LP hose.

I doubled checked the setup. It doesn't seem as pronounced as I suspected. My left shoulder D-ring is probably only about 4" below my shoulder. When stretched out, the inflator house is higher than everything else.

Thanks for the tips, especially about ascending. I had been dumping air and swimming up this whole time. Will practice it.

when you ascent, you should stay horizontal, inhale a bit more than normal to initiate your ascent, and stay horizontal until you are at your safety stop. Only then do you go vertical and that is only to make sure you aren't going to get run over by a boat or go up and whack your head on something. The only time you should dump air out of the corrugated hose is on initial descent, and the final 10-15ft of your ascent. Everything else should be done from your rear dump
I don't care for this ascent advice in the "Basic Scuba Diving" section. This is a buoyant, non-swimming ascent and too easily leads to an uncontrolled buoyant ascent. It take total focus on the ascent, both changing depth and rate, and a lot of practice to do safely. Not a basic skill designed for safety, but rather an advanced skill designed for technical diving, because it keeps the entire body at the same deco depth.

Hardly ever use my hose to deflate my bladder.
I use the dump at the bottom of the bag. I'm usually slightly head down anyway, horizontally that is.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents!

the K

I agree with Kraken. I've been diving on a Halcyon bp/w for several years and use the rear dump most of the time. It took some effort at first, but now it's second nature. When I do use the hose during a dive, I roll my left shoulder and head a bit towards the surface. That keeps the hose nice and high to dump air. Hope it helps.

Hardly ever use my hose to deflate my bladder.
I use the dump at the bottom of the bag. I'm usually slightly head down anyway, horizontally that is.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents!

the K

I agree with Kraken. I've been diving on a Halcyon bp/w for several years and use the rear dump most of the time. It took some effort at first, but now it's second nature. When I do use the hose during a dive, I roll my left shoulder and head a bit towards the surface. That keeps the hose nice and high to dump air. Hope it helps.
With a drysuit, especially on the dive ending nominal ascent to the surface, sometimes it's better to deflate using the hose instead of the back dump (i.e. Tilting forward and using the back dump will cause the drysuit air bubble to migrate to your feet, especially during the final ascent). I typically use the back dump only for small buoyancy adjustments at operational depth.

Here there are a number of suggestions about corrugated routing on the hogarthian rig configuration:
FKD - WING INFLATOR HOSE ROUTING

Back
Top Bottom