July 2, 2016 Mistaken Island (Nanoose, Vancouver Island) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mark,
I will be out this way in August and have access to a boat. How deep was the wall of anenomes here. This looks like he terrain of Madrona or Tyee with way more life.
Thanks,

Jim

Hi Mark,
I will be out this way in August and have access to a boat. How deep was the wall of anenomes here. This looks like he terrain of Madrona or Tyee with way more life.
Thanks,

Jim
The wall goes down to about 110' deep and then the rocks ledge/slope down to around 130' deep. The bottom of the channel is about 150' deep. The gorgonian corals are between 110' and 120' deep. The crimson anemones are mostly between 80' and 100' deep. There can be up to maybe 2 knots (my guess) of current in the channel which accounts for the abundance of anemones/sponges. I did a second dive on the West side of Mistaken Island which was out of the channel. There was very little invertebrate life on the walls there.

Nice video. Crazy viz....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom