A couple of photos with TG-4, PT-056 housing, and YS-03 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Before my TG-4 had a boot error, I got some good use with the unit inside the housing and the strobe. The strobe is really quite good!

A couple of sample shots. Setting is underwater/macro/fill-in flash; flash is not aimed directly in front, but rather, a bit off to the left of the frame.

ccv_seahorse_4july2016-resized.jpg
P7050024-redhind-in-sponge-resized.jpg

I like the color contrast with the cod-bearing sponge. Might be worth cropping in a little.

Very good shots, what was the issue with the tg-4 and booting?

As I was moseying along (underwater, in housing), the camera had gone into power-save mode. When I tried turning it on, it gave a "battery empty" msg. No biggie, but when I tried replacing with a fresh battery, the camera would not power on. The orange light came on with a slow flash. Tried connecting to a computer, but no communication with computer; left battery out overnight, removed SD card, switched SD card, etc. No joy.

I think the electronics just decided to die. I'm sending to Olympus for warranty repair.

I like the color contrast with the cod-bearing sponge. Might be worth cropping in a little.

I have no sense of esthetics. How would you crop? Just focus on the graysby and sponge, and leave all the background out? What aspect ratio?

I have no sense of esthetics. How would you crop? Just focus on the graysby and sponge, and leave all the background out? What aspect ratio?

Search "rule of thirds" in photography composition and cropping. Great info out there and it will really help to understand the concept. Usually with underwater your focus point is on the eye of the subject (of course this can be different depending on what you are shooting). After you understand the concept, play with your picture, and see what you think...

I usually stick with 2x3 (4x6)

Search "rule of thirds" in photography composition and cropping. Great info out there and it will really help to understand the concept. Usually with underwater your focus point is on the eye of the subject (of course this can be different depending on what you are shooting). After you understand the concept, play with your picture, and see what you think...

I usually stick with 2x3 (4x6)

How's this?

P7050024-cropped.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom