Black Coral (the movie) finally available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your patience. As you've discovered, Black Coral is really really done. We had a technical last minute nightmare. I'll spare you the details. This story is one I've wanted to tell since '95. Digital downloads are a quick response. Enjoy the show!
The Brothers Winn - Black Coral

I want to add the unfair reviews earlier in this thread from some who "haven't even watched it" are a little silly.

Documenting history should be based on facts, not a producer creating and twisting the narrative. Which didn't happen here. In fact, I appreciated the fact there was not a narrator. The story is told directly from the divers themselves.

Also, criticizing the way they were diving back then is also unfair. They were doing cutting edge diving and we all know generally speaking those before us who took on these challenges and pushed the limits pioneered and created the training and education we appreciate today. I equate the criticism to calling the first space missions dangerous and careless because they didn't adhere to the same safety procedures and equipment used today.

If you're on the fence on buying and watching this film because of the earlier reviews, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Wow it's expensive! $30 for a DVD? I will have to enjoy vicariously through others who post a review.

I have to agree with CuzzA, the premature reviews and criticism before watching the video is out of line.
Many things were done in the past that are no longer viewed as proper diving etiquette but it doesn't change the fact that the only way to learn is through trial and error, otherwise many of you would still be standing on the shoreline.

I for one throughly enjoyed watching this movie and it now goes into my library of diving videos that I'll watch on days that I wish I was out on the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom