What is the worst place to eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All diners are bad?? I didn't know that.
We too have had perfectly acceptable breakfasts there with exemplary service.
Point taken, I've haven't tried it for breakfast. Nothing better than 2 fried with bacon and sausage.
I guess I'm not going to Coz for a good diner. I can do that at home. To each his own.

I like Palmeras.

I remember back when Pilar was the only female waiter on the island and they served venison steak, stewed turtle, shredded jabali, and ceviche de caracol.
I remember the turtle steak. Politically incorrect, but man, was it good! :D

I think the worst place I've eaten at was VIPS in Playa del Carmen. The service was bad, the food took forever and.... my wife & daughter were in the ladies restroom and saw one of the female employees not wash her hands before returning to work. :fear:

It was so bad a had to post a review on Google about this place.​

Not a fan of Palmeras. Ho hum food all 3 times we tried it. Many places Id rather eat. Great location tho....am I wrong that Pepe is the same who owns Suites Bahia, and Casa Mexicana (where we love to stay, and love the breakfast...!!)?

"Pepe is the same who owns Suites Bahia, and Casa Mexicana?"

Yes. Pepe and Mimi Becerra own Palmeras and those two hotels as well as Hotel Colonial and various gift and silver shops and the bar Viva Mexico. Next time try the bifstek Tampiqueño for breakfast at Palmeras, grilled beef tender with some nice sides. They do it very well (not meaning well done!)

I don't normally write bad reviews for places. I usually just tell the management, and if they don't fix the problem, I no longer give them my business.

However, I feel compelled to say why I will never go back to Money Bar. After Danny the manager left, they hired a young know-it-all who was in over his head. The first time I ate there under this new management, I ordered the fried chicken. It came to the table a golden brown with a nice coating of cracklings. I picked up the breast and took a bite. UGH! The inside was still ice cold and translucent. It was clear that they had breaded a hard-frozen breast and deep fried it, expecting the thing to cook through. Nasty.

The next time I went, not only were the French fries cold when they got to the table, some of the fries already had a little ketchup on them. It was clear somebody else's fries had be "recycled" onto my plate.

Yikes on the Money Bar story ^^. Is Lisa Ramirez, who owns Rock 'n Java, still associated with MB? I have to think not... she would be appalled at that!

About a year ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom