New to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, all! We live in Tucson, but we drive up to the Valley lakes all the time to dive. Basically we do it to keep up and improve skills and because we love to dive! We just can't get enough of it. We also go down to Mexico a few times a year, back East a couple times a year, and so on and so forth. We've been in a few of the lakes in Arizona and just found out there are accessible wrecks in some of them. We've been to Pleasant the most, usually off of Desert Tortoise Rd. We definitely want to try out some new sites and find some of those wrecks. Already saw that Vista Point is a popular spot and will probably try that next time. We've heard there are underwater buildings, a few wrecks, and even a helicopter?!?!? If you know where these are at, let us know. Also, let us know when you're planning a dive day. We usually work weekend nights, so we go during the week (less boat traffic too), but with enough notice, we can work our schedules.

Robert & Jennifer

Hi there! Looks like if I hurry I will be the first to welcome you here! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for over two years now! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here at ScubaBoard, and hopefully you will be able to post about some of your experiences as well. If you have any questions, please PM me. Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

and don't forget the cadillac in Saguaro

Nice to have ya here

Fishkiller:
and don't forget the cadillac in Saguaro

Nice to have ya here

I've heard about the Caddy, Where is it? I'll be out there this weekend... Last Sunday the vis was about 18"... (give or take a foot!)

Also heard about a couple "deep" geocaches! :D

Kevin

I'd like to see some hard gps numbers for these sites every one speaks of!

I dove Pleasant on Sunday- Water level is down about forty foot and our previous dive sites are now out of the water. We dove over silty bottom in 2 foot viz. Not very fun to say the least. Saw a big carp nestled in a tree and stopped to watch when my wife tapped me on the shoulder and showed me her foot with no fin on it. needless to say we couldn't find it and created a horrible silt out in the process. hmmm......

Do they drain and raise pleasant every year? I just started diving it this year.

Tony.

p.s. Fishkiller- we gotta get together sometime.... maybe on a thursday afternoon :)

Since it is used for irrigation it pretty much goes through the same up and down cycle each year. The thing is, it didn't get as full as it has in the past this years. The drought is starting to take hold of our lakes.

But since the do fill it back up with the Colorado river water, we get good vis in the winter and spring pretty much up to June.

Craig

THe Caddy is under water and near a boat ramp.....ha ha

The cache Minus 30 as seen at geocaching.com is the only one I know of in the lake that has hard GPS numbers, the rest are done the ol'e fashion way...

um Pleasant is as what he just said filled in the winter drained in the summer

Thursday which side of town???

Fishkiller:
THe Caddy is under water and near a boat ramp.....ha ha

The cache Minus 30 as seen at geocaching.com is the only one I know of in the lake that has hard GPS numbers, the rest are done the ol'e fashion way...

um Pleasant is as what he just said filled in the winter drained in the summer

Thursday which side of town???

LOL... I know where there's an old Scout by a boat ramp too... a friend in high school found out that a steep ramp, bald tires, and a 29' sailboat are a BAD combination...

Lotsa boat ramps there now I suppose! Last time I was out there I tried breaking a prop on the now submerged roads... I remember in the 80's driving those roads before they raised the lake level and now its probably about back down that far...

At the N end of the lake (the "river" entrance) is the remains of the town of Pratt which was evac'd when they built the dam originally. I haven't been down to see it but if this state keeps drying up we'll be able to walk in...

:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom