Scuba Club Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And what exactly makes the shore dive at SCC any better than the shore dive at Hotel Coz or The Palace?

C-53 is the worse dive in Cozumel.
This is where we'll have to agree to agree. First, it's not a wreck: it's an artificial reef. When a ship is wrecked, people are screaming out of fear: not joy. Second, it's about as vanilla an artificial reef as I have ever seen. It's tiny and I have seen anything cool hiding inside. I would never pay extra to go there. Never.

When I saw the printed tip "suggestions" I too was surprised. It was less than half of what I would expect to pay anywhere else. When we checked out we left double the amount and still felt the entire staff should be paid more. You shouldn't base your tips on what you believe they earn in their country and give what you feel is appropriate.
As far as shore diving/snorkeling, there are steps into the water on the right side of the beach. You don't need to climb any ladder. I enjoyed the shore dives a lot more than the boat dives. We had less current to deal with and no time limit.

This is where we'll have to agree to agree. First, it's not a wreck: it's an artificial reef. When a ship is wrecked, people are screaming out of fear: not joy. Second, it's about as vanilla an artificial reef as I have ever seen. It's tiny and I have seen anything cool hiding inside. I would never pay extra to go there. Never.
Yep. I don't pay extra with the op I dive with...in fact he knows that I don't care for the dive and if anyone suggests that dive when I am on the boat, he usually suggests that "tomorrow" would be better for them. It reminds me of a big tin can with a couple of holes cut into it. Boring.

Stay at the Park Royal, pick your own dive op and enjoy a TRUE all inclusive lol.

Yep. I don't pay extra with the op I dive with...in fact he knows that I don't care for the dive and if anyone suggests that dive when I am on the boat, he usually suggests that "tomorrow" would be better for them. It reminds me of a big tin can with a couple of holes cut into it. Boring.

Ditto. I'd be willing to pay extra NOT to do the C-53 "Wreck" dive. I've done it 3 times now, and frankly the only reason I went into the water the last time was because it was better than sitting on the boat. I'd much rather go to any of the Marine Park reefs than that rusting hunk of steel.

And what exactly makes the shore dive at SCC any better than the shore dive at Hotel Coz or The Palace?

To start with, much easier access to tanks. I used to keep one in my locker in case I could not sleep. Then there are a lot more features and structures to attract life. Very easy entry and exit even if the seas are a little rough. Before the new pier by the lighthouse, there was also the taxi dive. I'm not sure if you can still do that. I have done an entry at Blue Angle and the exit at SCC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the "lol" mean that you are being sarcastic? I found the Park Royal to be a very good actually.

No, I have been staying there since 1997 lol. Best AI close to town IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom