What does it take to blow out a NC U-352 dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive got cancelled today, that wind was ripping this morning. I rescheduled for Monday

Just wondering if the OP got out to the sub? We (Olympus) ended up diving the Caribsea yesterday. 40-45' viz with tons of Sand Tiger sharks

All,
my dive vacation is finally here (This Sat-Tuesday) but the weather is looking terrible according to the forecast. Looks like A.M. showers with possible thunder storms and 10-15mph winds. So what does it take for boat captains to call dives out there? I know every captain/boat is different but just trying to get a feel if we are likely screwed as of now or not. Thanks!

If we don't get any hurricanes so far this month - I feel August is the best crap shot anyone can get
to land on the wreck.
My wife's great grandfather was LC Maurice Jester, Capt of the ICARUS that sunk the U-352- she still
has his stuff including his Navy Cross and some of the original photos, including the original Life Mag
with his picture on the cover, So if you get the chance, I feel strongly that it is worth it to keep trying.

My wife's great grandfather was LC Maurice Jester, Capt of the ICARUS that sunk the U-352- she still
has his stuff including his Navy Cross and some of the original photos, including the original Life Mag
with his picture on the cover

That is awesome. And yes it's definitely a wreck you have to dive at least once. Even though it's a small wreck site, I feel like it would take several dives to take it all in. I've only had the chance to dive it once so far.

Back
Top Bottom