Another nose pain issue, low volume mask, tried all the normal fixes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can certainly take you up on that offer MAKO when the time comes. I wonder how much the 2 lenses will change my vision as I currently have a 1 pc lens.

Mako sits very close to the eyes so the edges are practically outside of your FOV. I.e. it should be as good or better as your current mask. The downside is if it leaks, the water's in your eyes pretty much right away. And if it leaks and does not fit, Dano will take it back.

Yes that is correct. The face plate is so close to the eyes that peripheral vision is unrestricted. The two lenses are no more of a hindrance than the two lenses of a Pair of glasses.

Time for a new mask with a softer skirt, I'd say. I love my frameless low volume Beauchat MaxLux S; thing with masks is that you can't tell if they'll fit by looking at them online...

I got tired of buying masks to find one that didn't leak, fog, or cause discomfort. So I got a full face mask (OTS guardian). No more leaking, fogging or pain ever. It's not a solution that many people are up for, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

can you say what is different on the atomic than the others that made iyt more comfortable for you? That thing is not cheap.

Dave

I'm not 100% sure of the reason. But the silicone is pretty soft and the shape of the nose pocket doesn't put as much pressure on the bottom of my nose.

It doesn't mean it will work for you but it works for me!

The Cressi Eyes Evolution Crystal also has a really soft skirt.

I got tired of buying masks to find one that didn't leak, fog, or cause discomfort. So I got a full face mask (OTS guardian). No more leaking, fogging or pain ever. It's not a solution that many people are up for, but I'll throw it out there anyway.
I was just about to make the same suggestion, with the exception that I dive the Ocean Reef G-Diver. No leaks, no fogging, no discomfort, and no problems equalizing. I jumped into one very early on, though. It was one of the first pieces of gear I bought after getting my AOW. GOt tired of my mask fogging, leaking, etc. Initial investment is pretty steep, but for me it's been worth every penny because it allows me to enjoy diving so much more and lets me concentrate on everything around me without worrying about mask issues.
But if you're not diving much, it might not be a viable solution. Just food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom