Car seat cover suggestions for "wet" driving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CD Clocks

New
Reaction score
Other than using a towel, which just eventually soaks right through to the seat, does anyone have a favorite car seat cover to prevent soaking the car seat when driving straight out of the water? ...no wet suit, of course, but still a soaking wet bathing suit.

Ive used neoprene ones quite successfully over the years. They do a pretty good job against ice cream etc due to kids...

LOL I had a guy put the floor mat on the seat for me.

But what would probably work fine would be the bed mats that are used for incontinent patients. You should be able to source them at medical care stores. Or single bed mattress covers for bedwetters.

This is not just a diving issue but applies to anyone that goes to the beach all the time like we do in tropical countries. In the trunk of my car I always have about a dozen large (100Liter) trash bags - the heavy duty ones, not the flimsy kind. When sliced open down the sides they have enough area to completely cover a car seat, both back and base. Then I put a towel on top. If you have patience they can be dried off with a towel, folded & reused or they're cheap enough to discard.

Yeah, the towel just doesn't quite cut it. I'm also looking for something to stand on when I change out of wet, maybe a piece of old canvas tarp or something.

LOL I had a guy put the floor mat on the seat for me.

But what would probably work fine would be the bed mats that are used for incontinent patients. You should be able to source them at medical care stores. Or single bed mattress covers for bedwetters.

Ha! Yeah. The bed and floors of my truck are super-protected. It's the seat that's not waterproof. ...yet. lol

CD Clocks, you did understand that I don't recommend putting the floor mats on the seats, right? That was merely intended as a humorous story of something that happened.

The bed mats that I'm talking about are used in hospitals etc. To protect beds from "accidents". They measure around 32" square and can be purchased in medical supply stores or perhaps even by asking your pharmacist.

If you could find a fitted crib mattress cover or fitted child's mattress moisture protector, you may not even need to do modification. Just put it on the seat with the elastic all around, tucked underneath and around the back of the upper portion of the seat, tuck it into the crease and there you have
it. Temporary moisture barrier seat covers. Easily installed, easily removed for drying after reaching home.

Yes but then we'd have to help design a change room.

My other suggestion is a shower curtain tucked around the seat with a top layer of a fleece blanket from Wal-Mart ($5).
Cut the old shower curtain in hslf and voila, two seat covers. Heehee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom