Ratio ix3m Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to find out that I can't if I'm dark narc'd and one computer doesn't switch to the right mix and then the other dies and my deco profile is now thrown way out of whack.

So, you're saying you could be dark narc'ed at a depth where you'd be doing a gas switch, but you would never be dark narc'ed at a depth where you would be doing deco calculations in your head? You said earlier that "the math happens at the first deco stops."

it does, but not necessarily the first gas switch, and narcosis doesn't alleviate immediately, neither do CO2 headaches, both of which are not something I want to deal with if I have computers with two completely different UI's.

I'm hoping they do an air time remaining calculation like you mentioned.

Good question to ask and I will ask them. I am predicting that it will show airtime remaining just like all other premium AI dive computers.

I wonder if an AI computer would show tank pressure and air time remaining if it is in gauge mode at all. I never tried it actually. Has anyone tried it with any brand AI DC?

I wonder if an AI computer would show tank pressure and air time remaining if it is in gauge mode at all. I never tried it actually. Has anyone tried it with any brand AI DC?

I can try it with my Atom, to confirm. But, as it would still show the tank pressure in Gauge mode, I can't imagine why it would not also show ATR. Dive Time Remaining is the minimum of ATR and NDL, so it wouldn't show that in Gauge mode. But, it has a separate display specifically of ATR, which is purely a function of tank pressure, ambient pressure, and time.

If I can remember and make a few minutes to try it, I'll let you know for sure.

On my Galileo, "gauge" mode converts the computer to pressure display only--no remaining gas time is calculated. It is "pure" " gauges in every sense.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. But why ZHL-B and not ZHL16-C. Wasn't the B replaced by the C due to additional testing and refinements?

At a glance, the Ratio Computers looks far more advanced than the Shearwater. Slimmer too. The watch version is really interesting. Perhaps there's more, but with the exception of the replaceable battery (rechargeable shouldn't really be an issue - we all do it today with our smartphones), the Ratio has everything found in a Shearwater plus tons of apps and next gen features.

With air integration and reasonable pricing, it looks like a winner.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. But why ZHL-B and not ZHL16-C. Wasn't the B replaced by the C due to additional testing and refinements?.

I don't believe it is that simple. I do believe the C is slightly more conservative than B.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. But why ZHL-B and not ZHL16-C. Wasn't the B replaced by the C due to additional testing and refinements?

So far, Ratio has not participated in this thread. I wish they would, but I doubt they are aware of it.
@BurhanMuntasser had some success emailing with them. I can't find their email on the website, but they do have a facebook page: Ratio Computers | Facebook

Edit: I sent them a facebook message and got this response

In order to contact RATIO®, please send an email to: support@ratio-computers.com
or (for commercial informations only) to export@ratio-computers.com

This is an automatic message. Your message has NOT been read by an human been.

RATIO® on Facebook®

Has anyone seen any updates on the hoseless AI for these? Shearwater finally got with the program and announced the addition of AI to the perdix. Perdix and ix3m are similarly priced without the ai... It seems I'll have some actual decisions to make in the near future if they do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom