Dryglove Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you replace the original SiTech ring with one that comes with the glove lock kit.

Yes I like it. Only quibble is I would like the diameter to be a bit smaller. But its never been an issue in the water, even when switching stages.

Yes, easy to get on and off. Large diameter might be an issue for people with smaller hands.

Works the same as the original rings when using without the gloves, because you still use the wrist seals. I really like the silicone seals.

No, the SiTech dry gloves go right on the SiTech mount for the replaceable seals. BTW,don't lube the mating surfaces with silicon grease, just use wax.

The rigid inner ring is what he is talking about, Kevin.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I would just need to replace the ring with the Kubi ring and glove?

No, the KUBI rings consist of two parts - one part fits over your wrist seals. A second part attaches to the gloves. The rings seat inside one another. Makes getting them on and off really easy.

I just switched to the glove lock QCP from the Quick Ring system. I have large hands and the quick rings were a pain to put on. The larger opening on the glove lock QCP system has made my life mush easier when suiting up (easy to put on and remove) with no malfunctions so far! Love the QCP!

I have been using the Quick Glove system for about eight years now and have no complaints. I like the fact that they are relatively inexpensive and a very simple design. There is a slight learning curve but I have not had a leak in years.

My Fusion has the SiTech round rings on it and they are rock solid. I have only ever heard actual complaints about the oval rings, not the rounds. The rounds also allow you to do the pull on gloves also. Works like a champ..

Pullover gloves

So I got my fusion today (YAY!). To my surprise it arrived with oval instead of round rings. This isn't a big issue to me as I have previously had the oval and find them to be more comfortable when not using drygloves, plus I have medium sized hands.

This does, however, change my dryglove options. Right now I am leaning towards the Virgo from SiTech as I have heard that the tabs on the Antares can be a bit......delicate. Anyone have experience with the Virgo and/or Antares?

Speaking of delicate. Does anyone know where I can get some replacement spanners for the quick glove system (the round colored rings)? I just picked up my first drysuit secondhand from a local seller and tried fitting a thicker glove on too large of a ring. The ring snapped and now I am scrambling for options. Appreciate any feedback!

IMG_20160919_211243.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom