Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conditions last night and this morning 15-20 ft viz with 82 degree-----fun dives with Irma who now and then comes up from Key Largo to dive BHB!

Had a comedy of errors for our night dive Wednesday. Three of us without buddies tried to partner up. Lost one member early on to a wet-breathing reg after I had forgotten to get some weights at the shop when I picked up a rental tank and reg. Then my inflator valve stuck and I couldn't get down. Also had a light issue and nearly lost fins. Fixed the inflator issue (just disconnected it) and had a great 57 minute dive. Saw an eel, a parrot fish???, juvenile lion fish, a big old lobster and a ton of other stuff. Got back to the shore and my instabuddy (Kevin) had lost his car key during the dive. Couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted. Still had a fantastic dive and BHB lived up to my experiences with it so far. This makes dive number 7 or 8 at BHB and my third night dive there. Hopefully I'll get the kids out tomorrow for a snorkel around as well.

Conditions last night and this morning 15-20 ft viz with 82 degree-----fun dives with Irma who now and then comes up from Key Largo to dive BHB!

Jim, are you back in the water diving?

OMG! Lookit what I found at the bridge today!!!!
1095 01 gun.jpg

1095 03 lionfish.jpg

1095 02 gun.jpg

Even Barney Fife could have been trusted with that weapon......his cousins in the local Sheriff's dept could not budge the slide.
Should have used it on the lion fish...

Obviously life interfered with a Venice trip, but I am retiring in June '17.

We will have a reunion.

I'm still curious about the broken trigger guard. My thoughts were that the weapon may have clipped the bridge gaurdrail, when it was tossed from a passing car.

Quite a find Jenny!

it seems the current thinking that it was thrown out a vehicle window, clipped the bridge on the way down. And the person(s) who threw it had no idea they tossed it into the most popular dive site around! :rofl3:
Those cops though..
Place was packed, the cops apparently had just had conversations with somebody and were standing there at the boat launch looking over the scenery when we surfaced.
We surface and see two cops standing there with their arms folded, and I'm wondering "who told the cops I have a gun?" Just a coincidence. My buddy exits the water to let them know, and they are quite eager to get it from me.
I pull it out of my fin. (see scubapro jets are multi-functional!) and hand it off, to which they tried to disarm it right there, pointing it toward beach goers! They played with it a couple minutes, couldn't get it to work, took it back to their van, used a knife and screwdriver, and still no luck. So they took it with them and left.
This story can only get better.. might have to consume some BHB reeb and mur as I retell it!

Don't you know that BHB is a no take zone.

Christ jenny.

LOL, ssshhh don't tell anybody that lionfish is gone..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom