Lime Cube (ultra compact video light)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lopez116

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was at the Long Beach Scuba show today and discovered a new video light that seems TGTBT. It's called the Lume Cube. Ultra small, up to 1500 lumens per cube, and two for $149.

Does anyone have any experience with these lights???

Lume Cube - Kit for GoPro (Gunmetal Grey)

I was there too. I overheard a conversation...basically untested for scuba application. A user said the lights don't like cold water.

If they work well, these seem like a great solution for part of a low profile setup.

This is quite interesting, I am thinking about downsizing my gear, my rx100iv would love small companions like these.

I was there too. I overheard a conversation...basically untested for scuba application. A user said the lights don't like cold water.
-> probably needs a more cold-resistant battery and a deep housing as well.

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I see neither a depth rating nor a runtime on their website. Do they have that information available?

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I see neither a depth rating nor a runtime on their website. Do they have that information available?

I had to double-check it myself. Not that I didn't believe you, I just went to their website before I read your comment. I found in one of their videos they say it's waterproof down to 100 feet. They also mention you can set the output up to 1500 lumens in 10 increments. In all the youtube videos they've promoted about their product I haven't seen any that mention runtime. They do seem pretty cool though.

The link in the post above yours says an hour at full power under water. That's a single short night dive. 100 foot depth, 1500 lumens, 60 degree beam angle, and only an hour run time is sort of a bummer.

The link in the post above yours says an hour at full power under water. That's a single short night dive. 100 foot depth, 1500 lumens, 60 degree beam angle, and only an hour run time is sort of a bummer.

An hour? You'd think the target run time for any GoPro accessory would be at least the run time of the GoPro. Although to be honest I use a Hero3 with an extended battery pack and don't know the run time of a Hero4. Since they don't have replaceable batteries maybe that's why they sell a 4-pack, lol.

Okay, just did some reading. Hero 4 Black filming 1080p they claim battery life of 1hr 20min and Hero 4 Silver 1hr 40min. Filming 'better', battery life gets shorter. At 4k it's closer to an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom