Inon EP01 and Olympus PT-EP06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xscream100

Registered
Reaction score
Despite what a couple of dealers told me, the Inon EP01 fits on the Olympus PT-EP06 housing without any problems or housing modifications such as grinding off the light switch guard. It clears the light switch guard handily. So, I'm pretty sure it will fit on any Olympus PEN housing that has the light switch (or doesn't) so long as the thread direction is normal, i.e., turning counter-clockwise to loosen (including the Olympus PT-EP06L). I believe some of the earlier Olympus PEN housings had a reverse thread.

Despite what a couple of dealers told me, the Inon EP01 fits on the Olympus PT-EP06 housing without any problems or housing modifications such as grinding off the light switch guard. It clears the light switch guard handily. So, I'm pretty sure it will fit on any Olympus PEN housing that has the light switch (or doesn't) so long as the thread direction is normal, i.e., turning counter-clockwise to loosen (including the Olympus PT-EP06L). I believe some of the earlier Olympus PEN housings had a reverse thread.
Also, contrary to some articles about needing a strap wrench to remove the PEN ports, I did not need one. Wrap a small bath towel around the housing and then hold it between your knees with the port facing up. Grab the port with both hands at the wide end (without the port cover installed) and twist the port 90 degrees counterclockwise. Then pull the port off the housing. Ensure that you remove the lock screw inside the housing before trying to remove the port.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I bought the Inon EP01 from DiverVision. They are located in Taipei. Good communications, fast shipping, good price. I placed the order on August 31 and it shipped on September 1. I opted for the cheapest shipping method, EMS Express. The item arrive today (September 7), which included clearing customs and the long Labour Day weekend. I have already ordered another item (zoom gear for Olympus M.Zuiko 12-50mm lens) that has already shipped. Would not hesitate to buy from DiverVision in the future. Suggest you send an email to confirm stock availability before ordering. While the Web site was not incorrect for stock availability the times I ordered, I've learned that some vendor sites (in the U.S. and Canada) are not very reliable for stock availability status. My email queries were promptly replied to.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I bought the Inon EP01 from DiverVision. They are located in Taipei. Good communications, fast shipping, good price. I placed the order on August 31 and it shipped on September 1. I opted for the cheapest shipping method, EMS Express. The item arrive today (September 7), which included clearing customs and the long Labour Day weekend. I have already ordered another item (zoom gear for Olympus M.Zuiko 12-50mm lens) that has already shipped. Would not hesitate to buy from DiverVision in the future. Suggest you send an email to confirm stock availability before ordering. While the Web site was not incorrect for stock availability the times I ordered, I've learned that some vendor sites (in the U.S. and Canada) are not very reliable for stock availability status. My email queries were promptly replied to.
I had an issue with warranty support with DiverVision.com. Ask them about product warranty and their return policy before you buy anything from them.

Back
Top Bottom