moral question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I just got back from an undisclosed mousy cult in Florida. After looking at my credit card charges for a few souvenirs that I expected to have, I didn't have any. I so far have not been charged.

Just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said that the resort tried to make the charges on an expired card (the card I made the original booking with ages ago). The charges were declined and I asked if it will affect my credit score... it won't.

Now the moral conundrum, do I call the resort and make it right? or do I keep $90 dollars in the bank unless they contact me? (oh and they did leave a message in my room saying to see the front desk before leaving, but I never did since checkout was automatic... probably what it was about, dunno)

Pay it. They'll find you. They have your home address. And they'll probably tack on some administrative fee.

So I just got back from an undisclosed mousy cult in Florida. After looking at my credit card charges for a few souvenirs that I expected to have, I didn't have any. I so far have not been charged.

Just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said that the resort tried to make the charges on an expired card (the card I made the original booking with ages ago). The charges were declined and I asked if it will affect my credit score... it won't.

Now the moral conundrum, do I call the resort and make it right? or do I keep $90 dollars in the bank unless they contact me? (oh and they did leave a message in my room saying to see the front desk before leaving, but I never did since checkout was automatic... probably what it was about, dunno)
ummm...seriously. You bought them you make sure you pay for them, and because you're Canadian you say sorry a few times while doing so.

How can you even frame this as a possible morals question? That you did frame it as such is more of a morals question than your question

Don't do the right thing because you may get caught, do it because it's right

Actually surprised you weren't required to show a credit card on check-in. Typically that's done even on pre-paid visits for the exact reason of covering these incidental expenses. Just call the resort and ask them about the declined charges. After all you intended to make the purchases.

make it right. Whatever that means to you.

as frequent restaurant diners we have become accustomed to wrong bills. this extends to all other service industries.

Sometimes our bill includes stuff we did not order, sometimes stuff that we ordered and were not delivered. Some times we ordered it, it was not delivered AND it was not n the bill (karma?). The most often error is the missing $70 bottle of wine we just sucked back with great pleasure.

we always try to make it right. the provider is then able to take whatever response they desire. Most often it is a huge thank you, sometimes it is a thank you and never mind, they gift us the bottle of wine...

Seriously, $90 means that much to you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom