What did you find on coastal clean up day 2016?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dizzi Lizzi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Nothing too interesting for me, a pair of sunglasses, sardine can and various bits of plastic, lures and weights. Redondo Pier Ca. This was my 1st underwater cleanup . How bout you?

I found mostly redneck paraphernalia. A bunch of cans -mostly formerly filled with Budweiser variants (those Bud-Wei-Ser frogs would be ashamed!), yards and yards of fishing line, a wife-beater tee-shirt, jumbo sized cigarette lighter, a small rubber duckie, and a small stainless steel crucifix/cross - the kind you might find in a deluxe, upscale truckstop's jewelry section. Also my first u/w cleanup which was at Lake Jocassee, SC.

On the bright side I found a lot of the bass those rednecks were trying to catch. One of them was freaking huge!

Dana Point Harbor. I personally found an American flag, a BBQ grill, a fireplace lighter, a giant Budweiser bottle, a baseball cap, and an Iphone... 'Murica!

Someone else found a bong. Ha! And a flat screen TV!

It was really fun. I did a cleanup at Redondo a few months ago and didn't find anything.

I personally found an American flag, a BBQ grill, a fireplace lighter, a giant Budweiser bottle, a baseball cap, and an Iphone... 'Murica!

Your rednecks are more wasteful than mine, lol. Another boat/dive club found a pool-side lounge chair which would have completed your set nicely. Funny thing for someone to put on a boat - a 6-ft long, non-folding lounge chair and then lose it overboard.

Maybe Bud needs to change their label from "King of Beers" to "Please don't effing litter!"

We of course got a ton of water bottles, also beer cans, beer bottles, bait bags, straws, dog toys, tennis balls, boat seat cushions, plastic sandwich baggies, crack baggies, and part of a styrofoam cooler. We got two 50 gal bags full of stuff off two miles of Intracoastal.

LOL, a whole outdoor living room set, that's what I'm talking about, complete with with booze and drugs! We just need a table to set my glasses on!

Back
Top Bottom