Prefer MIA or FLL to go to Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another diver firmly in the FLL and Conch Republic camp.
Flew in to MIA twice and said never again. Airport itself was nuts, and while offsite rental cars might not seem like a big deal, it becomes one when you are suddenly running late due to Florida traffic and construction detours have you losing you mind trying to find a gas station before you return the car as well as trying to find the rental facility itself. Possibly easier now in the age of smartphones, but definitely sucked 10+ years ago.
As for the diving, after several trips out of Key Largo I tried Conch Republic based on recommendations here. First class operation and they don"t go up to Molasses reef which IMHO was just way too crowded on the weekends.
I seriously need to get back there.
Hey sjoliat,

If you haven't found lodging yet drop us an email and we'll send you a $200 VIP Club Card good for hotel discounts at hotels around the world.

In fact if anyone wants one just drop us an email at dive@conchrepublicdivers.com and we'll get one out to you. No catch and the deals are real. Of course we'd want you to sign up in the discount travel club after the $200 discounts is realized.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary
Conch Republic Divers

There are also lots of condos for rent. Try vrbo.com

Ok, looks like renting a car, buying all the d insurance, and driving down that nite, Sunset Cove said they'd leave the light on for us. Will need the car for all the tourista stuff in the mornings/nite and checking out the other areas case we want to return. A new post with pics today from Alligator/Ismorada area got my attention.
Shuttle users didn't sound too happy with the the shuttle afterall.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom