Sri Lanka - Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temperature is usually around 28C. Might be a bit cooler around 40m but still quite warm. 3mm shortie is what most shops rent and is adequate for most of the dives.

Hi all
am planing to go Sri Lanka the last week of July
looking to go swimming with whales ( if it is doable , as i havent found any place that make this so fare ) and i can do 1 day diving , so i need your advise for the best spot to dive during this time

In July diving is possible on the east coast. Nilaveli, noth of Trincomalee has some interesting sites. I can recommend AquaCreed Scuba in Nilaveli. Good, small dive shop.

"Great information", I agree. Will be leaving for the island later this week to do some volunteer work (unrelated to diving), and afterwards and/or during want to do some diving and surfing.

So I am finding this forum resource very interesting and informative.

I still haven't made it to Sri Lanka. Family commitments. However it is still very close to the top of the list. Found the comments very helpful - just the sort of stuff you need to know. Looking forward to reading the dive reports. Sri Lanka is an ideal destination from Europe.

There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss.
Sir Arthur C Clarke, Diver, writer of dive books ( and a few SciFi books)

Discussion in 'Passings' started by Sam Miller III, Mar 19, 2014.

1. You might discover some interesting historical posts here on SCUBA Board about Sri Lanka....One I posted around three years ago on Sir Arthur Clarke who was a pioneer diver of Sri Lanka.
  2. It would also probably be not only interesting but a valuable tid bit of knowledge if you obtained and read some or all of his books -- all were based in Sri Lanka
  3. Sir Arthur C. Clarke, Author of over 100 books, died on March 19, 2008 at the age of 90

Before he wrote about outer space and scifi he was a pioneer diver and wrote
    about diving, his most popular book was possibly "The Reefs of Taprobane."

A list of his books and dates published are as follows:
    The coast of Coral - 1955
    The Reefs of Taprobane
    - 1956 ***
    The first five fathoms
    The challenge of the sea
    Indian Ocean adventure
    Treasure of the great reef
    Indian Ocean treasure
  4. Good Luck !
SDM

You might discover some interesting historical posts here on SCUBA Board about Sri Lanka....One I posted around three years ago on Sir Arthur Clarke who was a pioneer diver of Sri Lanka...
SDM

Yeah, that's super-cool, all the well-documented diving-related history resources available about Sri Lanka. Looking forward to perusing - at least some if it - my first trip there, starting soon. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom