What happened to the October roll call?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Club Cozumel - October 6-11. Glad to hear that Matthew does not look like it will pose a problem.

My spouse will be along, but is a non-diver, so I'll be diving without a regular buddy.

Where are you flying out of? My flight goes to Miami on the night of the 5th. It leaves around 11:00am on the 6th to COZ - American Airlines.

My big worry is that the hurricane looks to be offshore near Miami around Wednesday/Thursday.....fingers crossed

I finally get to get in on one of these threads

Oct 3-11, Villa Aldora/Aldora Divers 3 in total.

Summary for anyone interested.

gopbroek - October 17 -27, Casa sitting, Tres Pelicanos (dates soft in case of storms, other than Frank)
imoto - Oct 26-Nov 2 Iberostar Dressel
MeganW89 - Megan (me), Bill, Laura, Ben, Oct 8-15, Villa Aldora/Aldora Divers
Jayfarmlaw - Jay and Kelly, Oct 27 to Nov 2, Aldora villa, Aldora Divers
Frank Storms - Frank + 3, October 13-23, staying at CM, diving with 3P's.
Katch - Me (solo trip): October 6 - 13. Staying at Grand Park Royal. Likely diving with Aldora (but haven't made reservations yet).
Streydog - Will be there solo 10/18 to 10/25. Aldora/Aldora
NancyLynn - Scuba Club Cozumel - October 6-11.
WarrenZ - Oct 3-11, Villa Aldora/Aldora Divers 3 in total

islanddream and hubby: October 14-21 at Villa Aldora/Aldora Divers

Where are you flying out of? My flight goes to Miami on the night of the 5th. It leaves around 11:00am on the 6th to COZ - American Airlines.

My big worry is that the hurricane looks to be offshore near Miami around Wednesday/Thursday.....fingers crossed
I'm flying through Dallas. I'm a tornado baby, not a hurricane baby - so I don't know enough about how accurate the predictions are to feel confident that it will actually turn north, or how the remnants might impact diving. Not to minimize the potential destruction elsewhere, but It's my first time back in the water since 2012 (due to now resolved health issues - including cancer that interrupted my plans to make this trip in August), so I don't want to make the trip and miss the diving!

I would be working on plan 'B'. AA is not showing disruptions but as an example when I just checked they are showing a full on time schedule from Miami to Nassau for tomorrow and Thursday, and that is not going to happen.

I would be working on plan 'B'. AA is not showing disruptions but as an example when I just checked they are showing a full on time schedule from Miami to Nassau for tomorrow and Thursday, and that is not going to happen.

Nassau is listed on their travel alert page along with the rest of the Bahamas (as of October 3rd). Once listed on their travel alert, you can switch flights without being charged. Look at the AA homepage and click on travel alerts.
Travel alerts − Travel information − American Airlines

Florida is still not listed, so if I wanted to change flights, I would be charged $200 plus the difference in costs (that would likely exceed another $500). I even have both DAN and Hotwire's travel insurance (forgot I added Hotwire insurance when I made the reservations.

Miami airport is currently under a tropical storm watch, while the hurricane watch is further to the north. My sister (a meteorologist in Tampa) just told me that Tampa airport still has flights operating during tropical storms :-0
There is a flight leaving for Coz tomorrow morning and landing in the afternoon (AA connecting in Dallas). I would be more than happy getting that flight. I'd stay at Casa Mexicana a night and be close to Aldora's shop for dropping off my dive gear too. Without that AA travel alert, the switch would cost me over $700! My entire trip (flight and 8 days at all inclusive) only cost just under $1,200.
All I can do is wait and watch the websites...

(Oh, how I can't wait to be blowing bubbles underwater right now)
Katch

Last edited:
Just got my medical all-clear to go!

Last week I developed symptoms of a new - very aggressive - cancer that might have put cancer treatment ahead of diving for the second time in a year. Fortunately, it wasn't the aggressive cancer that I had been worried about - but they made an incidental finding of a new tumor. So I'll go blow bubbles for a few days, then come back rested and ready to be poked, prodded, and whacked at again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom