Marsa Shagra - Eid Holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We just returned yesterday from 5 days trip to Marsa Alam. Stayed and dived with Red Sea Diving Safari (RSDS) Marsa Shagra village.
Everything work well - from booking, transfer fro Marsa Alam Airport and then return to Hurghada airport was arranged by them. Note - there's only 3 flights a week. The return flight from Marsa Alam did not fit our schedule.
The resort was full due to Eid Holiday however not all guest were scuba divers but still lot of divers.
Well organized diving operation. No major issue but few cases of scheduled diving were delayed up to 30 minutes due to some divers were not ready.
For accommodation we booked the deluxe chalet, very comfy and spacious, equipped with air con and ensuite bathroom.
Great food, lot of variety and abundant - five stars. I hate to say in five days I gained 2 kg there - it might take more than a month to bring my weight back.
We really enjoy the atmosphere, very relax - we dived 2 or 3 dives a day to our pace.
On the day of arrival, for first dive, we did check dive with a dive guide at their north house reef - shore entry, back to shore. Second dive, we did unguided dive at south house reef; dropped by zodiac and back to shore. Nice house reef, easy diving - no current though the visibility at the entry/return point could be very poor.
From day 2 to 5, we did 2 guided dives per day at zone A (shore dive by truck + bus) and zone B or C (boat dive) at the following sites: marsa abu dabab, marsa samadai, ras samadai, elphinstone, shaab abu dabab (long canyon), marsa mourain, and marsa egla.
The third dive is unguided dives on the house reef.

Here few shots - more can be seen in my flickr album.

Marsa alam (212 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (578 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (269 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (59 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (400 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (373 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (346 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Marsa alam (351 of 765).jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom