What do you think about light weight self propelled devices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess for someone that engages in those it might be interesting. Not sure about SUP, isn't the entire point of SUP to get exercise?
Yeah that it is true but you don't have to have turn it on if you don't want to and if you run into a current or need to get back in a hurry for some reason I think some people might find this aspect helpful.

It's cheaper than a "tech" scooter.

Comparing recreational scooters to technical scooters is a waste of time for anything other than highlighting that they're not comparable in any way.

It's quite a bit more expensive than other recreational scooters that it compares more closely with. If they're aiming to be the cheapest in their segment, they're going to have to get the price under (or at least close to) the $399 that seadoo gti sells for ($450 msrp, $399 at most stores).

Otherwise you're paying nearly twice as much for a slower device with less range whose only advantage is being 14 lbs lighter on land.

I know, there are some for whom price is no object, and others who consider $350 money well spent to drop 14 lbs dry weight (0lbs in the water).

It might mean trouble for pegasus thruster. That scooter is far more expensive ($4k on leisurepro) slower, same battery life, and heavier. Pegasus does go far deeper with a rating for 325'. I doubt anyone going to 325 is going to be using anything other than fins or a technical scooter.

So, there IS a market for this, but It's already pretty saturated. I think these guys have an uphill battle. Especially with the name recognition (and retail outlets) that seadoo enjoys or the well placed marketing spots that pegasus buys.

I think your right on [rice this will be a determing factor for this gap in the market. But at this stage price point reduction is a normal goal that can be achieved as volume is increased and retooling investments come into play hence his kickstarter campaign that is why I was reaching out to those who might find this interesting because I think he is in the right direction and I wanted to help see this through.
Frank G

Let's also remember this is a kickstarter. Even if they get the full funding requested (or more), it's a long road from money and a prototype to actual working devices in the hands of the backers. I've participated in enough kickstart campaigns to know that it's not done until you have something in your hands.

Let's also remember this is a kickstarter. Even if they get the full funding requested (or more), it's a long road from money and a prototype to actual working devices in the hands of the backers. I've participated in enough kickstart campaigns to know that it's not done until you have something in your hands.

I have tried to see if I could get one to test out, but they are not able to provide one as of yet. We will have to wait and see what develops. As of now it looks like it will be a while before I may be able to even try one out. I guess you are right on that!

Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

Back
Top Bottom