Are you sure you want to cage dive with White Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine was on that boat - you can hear her saying "uh oh" when the shark gets into the cage. This is obviously second hand information, but she was there and this is what she posted on FB.

The shark entered through the side opening (the latch to the door was apparently broken by the shark), and the diver (an instructor), rolled out of the same opening while the shark was trapped in the cage. He then waited outside until the shark got out through the open top. So he must have waited outside, hanging onto the cage breathing from a hookah wearing 40 lbs of lead on a harness! Then once the shark was out he reentered the cage and exited through the top, as you can see. Very impressive performance under pressure by that diver, but apparently no video.
I would have shot the video. Lol

I don't doubt that one bit! Priority number one? Get the shot! lol
Please don't edit the sound either, that just makes the video better!!!

Did you notice how bone heads said I there is nobody in the cage, and the other guy was pulling up on his air hose. The diver must have been clinging to the bottom as the shark was thrashing up on top trying to get out, meanwhile this guy was pulling him up closer to the shark!!!

Talk about just another shark tank episode!
Frank G

Just a little too close for my comfort :eek:

There are many dives that I don't need to do. Cage diving is one of them.

If I am the shark, I am thinking "Stupid f'ing humans!" (Heck, I'm a human and I'm thinking that!)
But at least there not hunting them!
It is not the best way, but I guess people are at appreciating them and they are just viewing them in their own habitat, not caught or in captivity and not killed for sport!!!
Its crazy but I think its better than the alternative and I think people are at least appreciate their existence and want to keep these wonderful animals around. Sometimes we have to do things thart the majority of the population can relate to in order to get the same means, Preservation of these animals is important I think this might be a way of getting more people to participate in this area. IMO
Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

Last edited:
I'm curious what the cage operator was thinking as he appeared he wanted to go in and help. Something like this...

"Ok, I'm going to go in and render assistance, but first let me take off my hat. I'm ready. Wait, no. I have to take off my sunglasses then I'll go in. But wait, boy, this is going to take a while, sorry guys, I still have to take off my buff, my shirt, my undershirt and my shoes... Deeper thought = Damn, I should have wore jeans and socks today."

Man I was rolling on the floor when I read that! best post I've read today.

Wow, where was this? The diver certainly had an unforgetable experience

OK, just found out, off Guadalupe Island, Mexico

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom