BOV/gag strap vs. OC second stage on bungee necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reg position on a stage bottle vs a sidemount bottle is like 6 inches.
Yeah but someone above was talking about leaving that bottle ON while the reg was stowed alongside it.

Shut it down unless its got to be on. If it has to be on (cause it feeds your BOV or whatever) then put a shut off on the stowed 2nd stage. The shut off is a bit of a kludge, moving the 2nd stage off the bottle someplace where you'll notice a leak is much better IMHO.

Yeah but someone above was talking about leaving that bottle ON while the reg was stowed alongside it.

Shut it down unless its got to be on. If it has to be on (cause it feeds your BOV or whatever) then put a shut off on the stowed 2nd stage. The shut off is a bit of a kludge, moving the 2nd stage off the bottle someplace where you'll notice a leak is much better IMHO.
Yeah. I know. I have my bottle on with the reg stowed too. It barely ever leaks and when it does it's super obvious.

Shut offs aren't needed.

Shut offs can be dangerous. A good friend nearly died because of one.

On a rebreather or some other place?

I only have one on my ADV

He was on a CCR, lost loop integrity, tried to plumb in a second stage to a QD hose, they didn't mate properly, couldn't catch a breath, tried to grab a second stage from a buddy, the second stage had an in-line shut-off that was shut off. He figured it out at the last few seconds.

He was on a CCR, lost loop integrity, tried to plumb in a second stage to a QD hose, they didn't mate properly, couldn't catch a breath, tried to grab a second stage from a buddy, the second stage had an in-line shut-off that was shut off. He figured it out at the last few seconds.
Wow that is a whole lot of mess there.

I put a BOV on my JJ and no way would I ever go back to not having one. I don't use inline shutoffs since they just add more problems than they solve.

I put a BOV on my JJ and no way would I ever go back to not having one. I don't use inline shutoffs since they just add more problems than they solve.
which BOV are you using?

Wow that is a whole lot of mess there.

I nearly kacked myself during a dil switch back in May. I learned something that I need to write up..

I nearly kacked myself during a dil switch back in May. I learned something that I need to write up..
I have never done a dil switch, but I'd love to hear what you did (and) didn't do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom