Missing diver feared dead - Skaneateles Lake, New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Authorities call off search for missing man in Skaneateles Lake until tomorrow
TOWN OF SPAFFORD -- A drowning has been reported on Skaneateles Lake, according to the Onondaga County Sheriff's Office

Members of the Sheriff's Office along with Air 1, Skaneateles Water Rescue and State Police are responded to the drowning at approximately 4:30 this afternoon.

Officials say that two people, who are both from the area, were diving in the lake when one of the hadn't seen his friend in over an hour. The man then called his son, who alerted Police.

2 divers were brought in to search the waters for the missing man, but nothing was found.

Emergency personnel left the scene just after 7 p.m. this evening and called off the search at 8 p.m. It will resume tomorrow morning.

CNY Central will continue to update you as more information becomes available to us.

I dive there often and there has been little news on what happend... Great shore diving from lords camp.

I've dove that lake many times. Thermoclines are usually at 35 feet with another one around 65-70. Below 70, the temp is in the 30s.
Diver found around 120 feet. The bottom in that area is at a steep angle. Probably around 45-60 degrees. I don't know where the incline stops but been down to 120 and it kept going. VERY COLD and Dark there. Definite drysuit weather.

Back
Top Bottom