Anyone have experience with Scubaforce Thenar Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swung by the LDS today and got to look at these gloves. They do appear to be Kubi clones with the slight twist of the rings being irregularly shaped to fit your hand. They both have metal rings and attach to your existing latex seal allowing you to keep your wrist seal intact in case of glove failure. I don't really see an advantage over the Kubi, but this one happens to be on pretty good sale, so I'll probably go with it based on price.

Did you ever pick these up? Looking to see what people's experiences are with them.
Thanks

I did - got about 5 dives on the gloves so far. Looking forward to further cold water testing this winter!

The gloves are nice. There's an instructional video to help with setup, but attaching to the suit is a PITA due to difficulties stretching the o-rings. I'll bet if I had a second pair of hands to hold the o-ring in place while I stretched, I could have done it much quicker. Once they're on, I can easily don and doff by myself and the rings are not cumbersome for those warm summer dives when I wear wet gloves. You'll want to avoid over-greasing the o-rings - if you do, making a fist and pointing your hand downward will pop the glove off pretty easily. This is how I normally doff the gloves, but you want some resistance there...

Last edited:
We sell both, and I've tried them both a few times. The biggest difference between the two is this is more of a teardrop shape. This gives you a more streamlined profile and allows your hand to get closer to your body (valve drills, QD disconnects, inflator, cramps, etc). Both work great though, but I do prefer the shape of the Thenar for my dives.

I recently purchased a set for myself. My drysuit is at Ocean Edge here in Hillsborough NJ receiving a set of new latex wrist seals so I don't have any experience with the gloves yet in the water. I did have an opportunity to get the gloves and rings together and I can tell you it is a two person operation. I looked at the video (sub titles are in German) which shows one person putting the rings on with ease. It just does not go on that easy. A second pair of hands is required.
The Scuba Force gloves come with a set of fleece liner gloves however if you want something with more dexterity or for diving during warmer months, the rings will work fine with thinner gloves.

I got a set and after the installation, have about 6 dives on them. So far so good. Hands are warm and dry. Which is th goal :)

All of the divers I know up here in NE that have tried them have loved them, me included. I use different gloves (cheap $4.99 Home Depot ones) and 4th element glove liners and have great dexterity and am warm. Highly recommend them!

How awkward or otherwise are they to use with a sitech replaceable seal system? I'm assuming the suit side ring becomes an additional ring on the replaceable seal? Cheers

Oh, and any additional reviews/thoughts ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom