Annual Membership cost for SSI professionals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nblanco

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello there,

I wanted to know if SSI professionals (let's say OW Instructor) have to pay an annual fee to SSI maintain an 'active' status like PADI professionals.

Also if this is possible to say, I would really like to know 'approximately' how much cheaper or more expensive these fees are comparing to PADI (for an OW Instructor)...

Thanks.

ssi was $155.00 u.s. this year

ssi was $155.00 u.s. this year
Hello Rick
do you have any the annual fee of paid and SDI as well i would like to compare between AFAI Cmas doesn't charge any annual fee
i would be interested to know PADI fee SDI fee and SSI fee

i could be wrong but i believe the renewal fee for SDI will be about $170u.s.

thank you for the reply so i guess PADI is the most expensive fallowed by SDI then SSI

funny enough i just received my renewal notice this morning. haha the fee is actually $150. i was close :)

i think they gave you discount after reading your post , so basically SDI and SSI have the same price i guess padi is more expensive that that we will wait confirmation from a padi instructor

i am not sure why you are comparing agencies but pls keep in mind that membership with an agency is much more than just the cost of the annual fees. you need to compare what other costs apply for things like student and instructor materials. what is the quality of those materials. which agency provides the best support for students and instructors. who has the most complete and detailed standards etc etc. there are a lot of factors to consider.

exactly you are so right to be honest i want to be padi instructor in the near future my IT can teach all of them but since SSI just started in thailand recently he is promoting it more and offer a cheaper price in the instructor course
for material cost I'm not sure which one is expensive
material quality i heard SDI got nice material , PAdi got shortcuts and SSI old material
your opinion is much appreciated as you have experience with more than one agency
here in thailand they won't say the truth as the prompt one side more than the other

Well, as a Padi Instructor I just paid my renewal for both instructor and EFR (witch now is also anually) I paid 320 Euro.
Lately I'm working more as a manager and teach very rarely making this alot of money for what? The support? Looking at a student point of view, comparing course materials and certification costs are way cheaper with other agencies. Many student divers nowadays don't care anymore what agency got them certified. They'll take on the course where-ever they are and whathever is served. Most agencies are recogniced worldwide and this is commen knowledge, so it doesn't matter. Many times if offered to choise they will go for the cheapest anyway.
Having said this I'm seriously considering a cross over myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom