Sportsways Waterlung First Stage--No LP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone happen to know where I can find a diagram of the insides of a Sportsways/Waterlung first stage? This is a diaphragm type regulator. It has two LP ports and one HP port. There is a spring tension adjustment at the bottom for an allen wrench. There is no model number, no serial number, and the ports are not marked. From my searching it sounds like it may or may not be a "Malibu" model.

The problem is that when connected to a tank no air comes out of the LP ports, only the HP port. From what I have read this should be a "downstream" regulator and if it fails it should flow and not shut down the air supply. Waterlung 2.jpgWaterlung 1.jpg

Thank you.

Lots of intrigue with in and with out the company

Certainly less than desirable people established and ran Sportsways-- into the ground

You were /are from SoCal OC-- don't you recall ? very few professional shops in OC would stock SW ....

I guess they sold them in rebel county -- thank y'all k Rawlins

SDM

I am not familiar with the Sportways line of regulators, but that looks like any other diaphragm first stage of that time. If there is no air coming out from the LP ports, it is probably because the IP adjustment screw is all the way out, which will allow the first stage valve to be closed.

This assumes the first stage is functioning and is not missing any parts (like the push pin that opens the valve).

I am not familiar with the Sportways line of regulators, but that looks like any other diaphragm first stage of that time. If there is no air coming out from the LP ports, it is probably because the IP adjustment screw is all the way out, which will allow the first stage valve to be closed.

This assumes the first stage is functioning and is not missing any parts (like the push pin that opens the valve).

Is the push pin attached to the needle valve or the diaphragm?

Back
Top Bottom