Free flow 2nd Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know exactly what they were as they weren't mine, they were a Oceanic balanced piston 1st stage and an adjustable 2nd stage that I didn't recognize. I have advised the owner to take it to our local serviceman ( quality servicemen ) and I will ask what the issue was once its done. He has had a lot of trouble here with servicing quality and the cost. I personally buy high end regs and then flip them when servicing is due as it works out better then to get them serviced. People must have better access to reasonable servicing then I get here in Melbourne.
I was recently given a set of regs which the owner was quoted about $250 USD to service so he bought new ones, so I will have a play with those for curiosities sake and I have asked questions about them on a another thread.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly what they were as they weren't mine, they were a Oceanic balanced piston 1st stage and an adjustable 2nd stage that I didn't recognize. I have advised the owner to take it to our local serviceman ( quality servicemen ) and I will ask what the issue was once its done. He has had a lot of trouble here with servicing quality and the cost. I personally buy high end regs and then flip them when servicing is due as it works out better then to get them serviced. People must have better access to reasonable servicing then I get here in Melbourne.
I was recently given a set of regs which the owner was quoted about $250 USD to service so he bought new ones, so I will have a play with those for curiosities sake and I have asked questions about them on a another thread.

$ 250 US ? Yikes! Just picked up a freshly serviced (non warranty) Atomic T2 today....... $30 parts + $ 60 labor for one 1st/ one 2nd stage = $ 90 total. (the enviro kit service was an additional $ 50, but most regs don't have that feature or extra expense.)

Is that $US250 (approx. $320) for one 1st and two 2nd stages? Have you tried Scubadoctor, in Melbourne, they are $AU40 per stage plus parts. Probably about $AU200 (approx. $US150). Regulator Servicing - The Scuba Doctor

I know a number of diver in Brisbane that use Dive Repairs on the Gold Coast. They post the regs as it is cheaper and quicker than the drive. Good reviews and okay prices I am told. Scuba Regulator Service Overview - Dive Equipment Servicing | Dive Repairs Gold Coast

I have no alignment to any store, I service my own gear.

That was for 1st an 2 x 2nd stages and SPG. Peter down at Scuba doctor quoted me about $260-$280 for the same thing. I switch between 3 sets of Cressi T10 Sc's personally, they usually run up to $200+.

For $200 you can easily buy everything you need to service your regs yourself! That just doesn't make sense. $200+ for a little over an hour of work? It isn't rocket science!

That's the state of things here, those with the "know how" can charge like a wounded bull. The manufacturers offer no support to the consumer, so we just get hung out to dry as far as pricing. Quality of service through the above mentioned Scubadoctor is exceptional how-ever.

The labor rate is not too bad T-bar, but the parts run the cost right up. Typically looking at $40 - $60 per stage it seems. The stages also get charged at a min 1hr each it appears so anywhere between $200 - $300+ depending on parts.

It is a rather strange and frustrating industry in that regard. I still don't understand why as a consumer I can't buy a service kit. It's just o-rings and maybe a valve seat. I just ended up figuring out all the o-ring sizes and the Trident brand equivalent valve seats and buying everything through non-scuba sources as much as possible. Still very frustrating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom