Raja Live-a-Board recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Indo Bubble. I did already look up your boats and they looked very nice. Will your group be represented at DEMA? My LDS owner and staff will be there and I'm giving them the results of my research for them to find the right boat. Thanks.

Rob
Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for your interest in our operation.
Wallacea Dive cruise will be exhibiting at DEMA 2016 at the Indonesian Pavilion booth 7173.
Looking forward to meeting you and your fellow divers there.

Peeweediver, have you thought about the Indo Siren?

The S/Y Indo Siren, a 40m Indonesian Phinisi, features:

• 8 well-appointed spacious double or twin bed cabins for 16 guests. Cabins are all a/c and en-suite with personal entertainment systems and plenty of storage space
• A large indoor a/c salon with comfortable sofas and a cocktail bar
• A camera charging station and storage drawers for extra camera equipment and personal items.
• An outside dining area with bench seating to the rear complete with full refreshment making facilities.
• A dive deck featuring individual set up stations, large rinse tanks for all your equipment and a shaded relaxation area which may also be used for massages.
• A large sun deck with cushioned loungers for après dive cocktails

From November to May, they offer 10 night liveaboard dive trips around Raja Ampat, departing from Sorong. During your time on board, you will visit:
• Batanta Island
• Misool Islands
• Gam and Yangeffo Islands
• Mansuar island and the Dampier Strait

A typical diving day is scheduled as follows:
• Light Breakfast followed by a briefing & Dive 1
• Full Breakfast, relaxation followed by briefing & Dive 2
• Lunch, relaxation followed by briefing & Dive 3
• Snack
• Briefing for Sunset or Night dive
• Dinner

The Indo Siren includes:
• Up to 4 dives per day in small groups (a total of up to 34 dives, including the night dives)
• All meals, refreshments & snacks
• Essential Aqua Lung Equipment rental (except torch & dive computer)
• 12L aluminium tank & weights
• Free Nitrox fills for all certified Nitrox divers
• Free local brand beer :)
• Land excursions & kayak rental

Price: less than 5000 Euros.

You can come to visit us at DEMA booth 2139. :)

indo-siren-boat.jpg
indo-siren-room-1.jpg
indo-siren-cabin-2.jpg
indo-siren-lounge.jpg
indo-siren-dining.jpg
indo-siren-dive-area.jpg

I am also thinking about a Raja Ampat liveaboard in early December (yes, rather short notice :rolleyes:). Are there any particularly good / bad experiences with specific operators / boats people here have made? I couldn't find an awful lot of reviews generally.

Oh and is Raja actually suitable for less experienced divers (AOW, 40 dives). I've recently done 5 days of diving in Komodo where I was very comfortable but don't know how Raja compares in regards to difficulty?

I am also thinking about a Raja Ampat liveaboard in early December (yes, rather short notice :rolleyes:). Are there any particularly good / bad experiences with specific operators / boats people here have made? I couldn't find an awful lot of reviews generally.

Oh and is Raja actually suitable for less experienced divers (AOW, 40 dives). I've recently done 5 days of diving in Komodo where I was very comfortable but don't know how Raja compares in regards to difficulty?

You went to Komodo, so Raja Ampat should be OK for you, as long as you let the DMs know your diving experience. They usually do a check out dive with you, to see how you are doing & then they will tailor your dives, whom you'll be diving with & how much attention should be done on you.

I went to south Raja Ampat back in 2010 with Grand Komodo Liveaboard. It was a great trip for the price for 7 night trip. They have one available for Dec 14-21 $2,131/diver, here: Schedules & Rates

Another one more recently, in Dec 2015, in more luxurious setting, is La Galigo liveaboard, from Dec 18-26, $3,434, here: La Galigo Liveaboard

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom