Phuket Dive Op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
DH and I are going to be in Phuket in March. Princess is offering a snorkel excursion but no diving - can anyone recommend someone reliable to pick us up from the ship, take us diving, and bring us back to the ship? We are both OW certified.

I have a long spinal fusion requiring me to gear up in the water - I can bring a doctor's note but need someone willing to work with me, sometimes people freak out (I am an excellent swimmer, so not worries about me being in water without gear.)

What time is your debarkation and at what time do you have to be back again?
And do you already know if the boat will moor in Patong or Panwa?

What time is your debarkation and at what time do you have to be back again?
And do you already know if the boat will moor in Patong or Panwa?

The port time is 7am to 8pm; it does say tendered. Not sure about Patong vs. Panwa - does Princess use both?

Upon further research, tendering seems to point to Patong. Does that sound right to you?

Yes, both Patong and Panwa are possible. In March more likely to be Patong, so sounds very plausible.

And Patong would be good news, since from there the transfers are much more easily arranged than from Panwa. Pickup from Patong for a diving daytrip would be around 07.30 hours, but there are some issues with transfers, since there is no good meeting place there.

But within that timeframe you will be ok for a daytrip scuba diving. Id be happy to help you with that, but that would be best done via PM or even better email (info [@] phuket-scuba.com).

Yes, both Patong and Panwa are possible. In March more likely to be Patong, so sounds very plausible.

And Patong would be good news, since from there the transfers are much more easily arranged than from Panwa. Pickup from Patong for a diving daytrip would be around 07.30 hours, but there are some issues with transfers, since there is no good meeting place there.

But within that timeframe you will be ok for a daytrip scuba diving. Id be happy to help you with that, but that would be best done via PM or even better email (info [@] phuket-scuba.com).
Email sent! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom