One day in Bimini, is it worth it trying to dive? Is it even possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Got a Groupon e-mail for a one day ferry trip to Bimini with FRS Caribbean for $69. I have to admit that I know nothing about Bimini, except that it's close to Florida and my bride likes the name. Would it be worth it to try to get a dive or two in if we leave Miami at 8 a.m. and leave Bimini at 6 p.m.? Is there any shore diving? Any recommendations on an operator who might work within that schedule?

Thanks.

Got a Groupon e-mail for a one day ferry trip to Bimini with FRS Caribbean for $69. I have to admit that I know nothing about Bimini, except that it's close to Florida and my bride likes the name. Would it be worth it to try to get a dive or two in if we leave Miami at 8 a.m. and leave Bimini at 6 p.m.? Is there any shore diving? Any recommendations on an operator who might work within that schedule?

Thanks.
I think it is absolutely worth it. First, there is Bull Shark cage diving at Big Game Club. Also, a number of well known dive operators are in Bimini. Neal Watson Jr. has an operation there, as does Stuart Cove. By all means, take the gear and make arrangements ahead of time. Like Key West, the boats leave at the sharp side of 9:30 (It always tickles me to see the Dream, Sea Eagle, or other boats leave the Bight at 9AM, when we were gearing up for our second dive of the day). Bimini has some excellent diving, especially if you can get them to run you south to Bull Run or Tuna Alley, but there is nothing wrong with the sites closer to Bimini as well. They beat the crap out of the Key West reefs.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom