Wall Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simcoediver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone give me a little info about the wall dive in Lake Muskoka?

Where in Muskoka is it exactly?{GPS#?] Is it close to the Waome? and any tips I should know?

simcoediver:
Can anyone give me a little info about the wall dive in Lake Muskoka?

Where in Muskoka is it exactly?{GPS#?] Is it close to the Waome? and any tips I should know?

The wall is in the north end of Lake Joseph. THe Waome is in Lake Muskoka. I will see if I can get you the GPS for the wall.... or the rocky underwater slope is more accurate !!!!!

The north wall on Joe is a very decent dive. Drops to 130 ft. Not overly cold. (43). Two thermoclines.
Vis is decent. Not the typical black out at 50ft as you usually find in most of the Muskoka lakes. After the wall try the Grotto. The Grotto is found about ¼ mile to the right. I’m sure someone else has the GPS or better directions. Nice relaxing dive. Max depth is around 40 ft. Huge boulders to explore.
Both these dives are boat access. Scuba Shack in Gravenhurst runs tours but I think the boat is back on Muskoka for the rest of the season. Call Dean to find out for sure.
The wall on Lake Muskoka you might be referring to is the “Wall” off Eleanor Island (Gull Island) .The island drops almost straight down to about 200ft.
Its not very close to the Waome. Basicly come through the Narrows and head straight out into the big lake. Hows that for directoins?
Again call Dean re charter information.
The only other wall I can think of is on Skeleton Lake. I havent been there but I hear its an excellent wall dive.
Hope this helps.

Thanks guys for the info on wall dives,, So this wall is on the very north end of Lake Joseph right ? will it be obvious to see ,is there a high cliff above it ?

Back
Top Bottom