Need advice on this product I am working with

Would you purchase this for underwater video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 100.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, for the reasons stated by others in this thread. Also I think it would be dangerous for the people most likely to buy this. I can imagine the scenario where a freshly minted diver with 3 finger 7mm gloves trying to locate the purge button while on the verge of a panic attack while inhaling saltwater. Also it adds more clutter, more ways to get the regulator yanked out of your mouth (which makes it even more important to have easy access to the purge button). And I see no benefits of mounting the gopro on the 2nd stage regulator (or anywhere on the head), it results in useless video.

Edit: did see the example videos, as expected the video is useless, and the sound is unbearable, had to close the videos halfway through.

Sorry for beeing so negative, but I think this is a product that appeals to inexperienced divers that might not think through the safety concerns and risks assosiated by adding this to their gear, making it that more important for the manufacturer to think this through.

Last edited:
Sorry that it seems like we're all dumping on your product but I just don't see anyone purchasing this when there is a head strap already. This just seems like it took an already bad idea (head strap) and turned it into a worse idea.

if it doesn't block vision, why not? I don't use sound for underwater video so the breathing sounds are a non issue. Plus, I think the regulator will act as a shock absorber and keep the shakiness down. Post some video's or send out a few for testing. Unfortunately, I can't use one. My GoPro is in the Cayman Trench by now. Good Luck

Aside from this being a bad idea for reasons stated, I'm turned off by the obviously fake testimonials on the website. How can it be used by all these people if it's still in development? And those are just the allegedly positive responses. Wouldn't there be a bunch of negatives as well? How have they sold/gifted so many samples?
This kind of dishonesty turns me off at the getgo.

WOW! The sample video is the best argument against using one... absolute crap. Then there are all the reasons stated above. In addition, the weight may be affected by buoyant effect, and the convoluted chin strap thingy, but the inertia of any and all scuba gear remains and I predict terrible stress wearing this contraption in current. Sorry buddy, not only would I not use it, I'd make damn sure to warn students not to either. BAD, BAD IDEA.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input on this. I pretty much broke even on this project so I am happy to have received this info now. Still trying to figure out why this client did not do any up front market analysis... but whatever.

On a plus side, working on this has made me finally get up off my ass to get certified. Diving has been on my bucket list for years now.

Once again, thanks! You guys probably saved me from doing a ton of free work. However, if for some reason these guys end up selling a ton of these, I will be back to curse you all out! LOL joking.

However, if for some reason these guys end up selling a ton of these, I will be back to curse you all out! LOL joking.

We are not worried! :wink: Glad you got out before you invested too much.

Aside from this being a bad idea for reasons stated, I'm turned off by the obviously fake testimonials on the website. How can it be used by all these people if it's still in development? And those are just the allegedly positive responses. Wouldn't there be a bunch of negatives as well? How have they sold/gifted so many samples?
This kind of dishonesty turns me off at the getgo.

They built prototypes and gave them out among their dive friends. They are legit. I am the one that developed the website and video for them. By all means, these are very honest guys and very experienced divers.

How does someone press the purge button? That's simply unacceptable.
I looked once again and saw this:

Complete Access To Your Purge
When properly secured, the Reg-Mount leaves enough space for you to have complete access to your purge!

It is still in the way. Even if you can slide in thick or dry gloved fingers, it is still a problem that you have to slide your fingers. Not good for stressful situations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom