Funny Sign on the Way to Dutch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
So I'm on my way out to DS last week and thinking about drysuits at the time... I'm trying to decide whether to buy a drysuit now and get one that's not too expensive (Bare, etc.) or to wait until next spring and get a really nice one (D.U.I.), maybe even custom. I still can't fathom spending a few THOUSAND on a drysuit...

Just as I'm thinking all of this, I pass the sign on the main road into Dutch Springs that says "D.U.I. -- you can't afford it." "No Sh*t", I thought...

ClassAction:
Just as I'm thinking all of this, I pass the sign on the main road into Dutch Springs that says "D.U.I. -- you can't afford it." "No Sh*t", I thought...

Thats too funny!

ClassAction:

The best part is, DUI thought it was so funny, they put it on their WEB site.

NEWreckDiver:
The best part is, DUI thought it was so funny, they put it on their WEB site.

Just thought I'd say that I'm thinking about getting the Signature Series DUI drysuit next springish... just not sure if I want neoprene or latex seals...

Jonny_Rocket:
Just thought I'd say that I'm thinking about getting the Signature Series DUI drysuit next springish... just not sure if I want neoprene or latex seals...
I purchased two DUI dry suits a few years ago. I got an off the rack CF200 and later a custom fit for the wife (Fles 50/50).

To this date it has been money well spent. I had to replace an exhaust valve and recently a zipper (after 5 years of wear).

Go with latex seals. They seal better and when the time comes to replace them, it is not hard (and now with zip seals it is a no bariner).

BILLB:
I purchased two DUI dry suits a few years ago. I got an off the rack CF200 and later a custom fit for the wife (Fles 50/50).

To this date it has been money well spent. I had to replace an exhaust valve and recently a zipper (after 5 years of wear).

Go with latex seals. They seal better and when the time comes to replace them, it is not hard (and now with zip seals it is a no bariner).

If you don't mind my asking, about how much $ did it run for the custom fit? Which pockets did you go with?

Jonny_Rocket:

Good choice. I have had one for 4 years now and I am very pleased with it. I would select Latex over Neoprene. I just found them easier to deal with and more comfortable on my neck. I did change out the wrist seals for the thicker ones. I also spent the extra money to get a custom fit and am glad I did. I don't fit the standard sizes.

Good luck in your search. I can offer one piece of advice, spend the extra money for quality. You will be much happier in the long run.

Good Luck. DSAO

What kind of money am I looking at putting out... not that it's an issue, I just need to put my finances straight... I was thinking 2-2500ish... am I in the right ballpark?

Jonny_Rocket:
What kind of money am I looking at putting out... not that it's an issue, I just need to put my finances straight... I was thinking 2-2500ish... am I in the right ballpark?
For a custom fit,the price is about $350 to $500 more. Pockets, warm neck, Zip seals, Zipper cover, etc. are all extra. A CF 200 today could be around $2500.00.

BTW, I put on my own pockets. It is fairly easy and saves a lot of cash for other things.

Check with these guys: http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/

That is where I purchased both of my DUI's. I did not pay $2500 four years ago. Ask for Jeff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom