Cozumel time change (Not)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just a reminder to folks, Cozumel does not change it's time anymore. Starting in Febuary 2015 (?) the Mexcian state of Quinata Roo (Cancun, Playa del Carmin, Cozumel, Tulum & Chetumal) no longer adjusted the time to match daylight savings time and remains year round at GMT -5. I believe the idea was to have a later sunset in the winter months and to allow for more tourist activities. This means that until Satuday Cozumel time will match US CDT (Dallas, Chicago) but on Sunday it will match US EST (New York, Miami). Previously the time change (or lack of change) was not universaly handled well by the Cell towers and electronic devices. An analog clock comes in handy.

Last time we came down for March break there was a 3 hour time change, resulting in landing in Toronto @2:45am!!! We departed Coz @9:45pm

Previously the time change (or lack of change) was not universaly handled well by the Cell towers and electronic devices. An analog clock comes in handy.

Good information. So, right now it CZM its 1205pm? Currently 1105am CDT here.

Wanting to make sure I understand correctly as I am setting all my dive gear clocks and we head out tonight for CZM.

Good information. So, right now it CZM its 1205pm? Currently 1105am CDT here.

Wanting to make sure I understand correctly as I am setting all my dive gear clocks and we head out tonight for CZM.

That is correct.

Back
Top Bottom