Smarttrak fail to open after Win10 upgrade to ver. 1607

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmerkel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As the title says. I've had this problem with 3 completely different PC's. It was working prior to the upgrade, including the infrared interface. Now I get this message:

[UWATEC SmartTRAK 2.0.8.1 has stopped working....]

The rest of the message is useless giving you only the option to close the program.

I have had it work. I have no idea why it will, they why it won't. Complete puzzle.
Thankfully it works on my main home PC, but the upgrade to my travel laptop yesterday set this message in motion. The other PC's are test beds so I'm not concerned that it doesn't work on them but it does highlight the problem.

Last edited:
It is NOT the infrared interface. Old problem, now taken care of. That works fine. The program itself will no open. I've actually gotten it to work with Subsurface (another dive log program) but I'm used to and would prefer to stay with Smarttrak.

FWIW, I've also written Scubapro directly but have faint hope of support from that quarter.

I just discovered I have exactly the same problem. This is on Windows build 14390.0 of Version 1607. I did have it all working on Windows 10 because I got on the early beta adopter program in order to get a working IRDA driver. That was fine through many iterations, and it finally made its way to a standard release of Windows 10. But now this particular build is broken again! Has anybody found how to go back, and back to what version, in order to get SmartTRAK working again?

Is anyone still having this problem? I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for a few months. Then 3 weeks ago same thing happened. Now I keep getting the same message. Husband started to get it too. So neither of us can use SmartTrak. ScubaPro suggests that is a Windows issue....Any suggestions or referrals welcome!!!!

Is anyone still having this problem? I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for a few months. Then 3 weeks ago same thing happened. Now I keep getting the same message. Husband started to get it too. So neither of us can use SmartTrak. ScubaPro suggests that is a Windows issue....Any suggestions or referrals welcome!!!!

What version of Windows? The problem was fixed after the first year. I haven't had any problems since.
Are you using the same computer? If so, try a different computer.
Are your USB connections working OK with other devices?
Are you sure the infrared is working? Do you see it in [Device Manager] when you plug it in?
Do you have and aftermarket USB 3.0 card you are using? Some are pretty unreliable. I've had a couple fail. The cheap ones can do weird things. I had one take out my networking/internet when it failed in one PC. That card worked fine for over a year. Moved it to a different PC and it works OK there. Go figure.

You could try downloading Subsurface, then try downloading your dives to that. That would separate SmartTrak problems from Windows problems if it works.

Most current version of windows, both of us relatively new new computers (bought within the last 12 months, Window up to date, we're not using the same antivirus), and at one point we both had it working. That's the frustrating part.
Yes, USBs are working (I do a lot of photography). No problems with the IR as long as the Smartrac was working, but at this point, I can't even get to that.

If you have any other suggestions, I would welcome them, as well as any direction to go for help (ScubaPro responded to my husband finally, and say the problem is not on their end...)
Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom